Job description – Energy from Waste Plant Director for SUEZ in Belgrade, Serbia
Present in all 5 continents, SUEZ is a world leader in the sustainable management of municipal and industrial resources. The 80 000 employees of SUEZ are engaged in the resource revolution around the world through 4 activities: Recycling & Recovery, Water Services, Water Treatment Infrastructures and Consulting.
SUEZ has incorporated SUEZ VINCA OPERATOR, a new subsidiary (100%-owned) headquartered in Serbia (Belgrade) to deliver the Operation & Maintenance component of a landmark Public-Private Partnership contract signed by a consortium of SUEZ, ITOCHU and the MARGUERITE FUND (incorporated as a company under the name of Beo Cista Energja) with the City of Belgrade for the management of the municipal solid waste of the Serbian capital (1.7m pop).
The PPP Contract was entered into in September 2017 and includes the design, build, finance and operate a Waste-to-Energy Facility (340,000 tons per annum), an engineered landfill (170,000 tpa) with leachate and biogas recovery, and a facility for the recovery of Construction and Demolition Waste (200,000 tpa). All facilities will be located in Vinca, approx. 15km from Belgrade. The Contract also includes the recultivation and long-term aftercare of the Vinca dumpsite, which currently receives the waste from Belgrade and will be closed following the entry into operation of the new landfill.
All facilities have entered construction phase in the last months of 2019, and will start operation in 2 phases:
- New landfills, leachate plant, CDW facility at the end of 2020
- Energy-from-Waste facility and biogas plant at the end of 2022.
SUEZ (through SUEZ VINCA OPERATOR) is the exclusive operator of all above mentioned facilities under a 25- year Operation & Maintenance contract with Beo Cista Energja. SVO is also entrusted with the supervision of the construction of all facilities, under a Project Management Contract with Beo Cista Energia.
We are recruiting the Energy from Waste (EfW) Plant Director for SVO (position based in Belgrade). He/She reports directly to the General Manager of SVO and is a member of the SVO management team.
The EfW Plant director prepares the start of operation phases in their technical, human and organizational aspects. He/She is responsible for operation and maintenance of the Vinca EfW Plant in accordance with the requirements of the O&M Contract and local regulations and in compliance with Suez Health and Safety standards and policies.
1. Essential functions
- Plans and prepares the launch of EfW operations in line with the Project schedule (cold and hot commissioning, EfW operations), Suez standards and best practices
- Leads the recruitment, training and development process of the EfW staff (approx. 50 employees)
- Implements and maintain strict Health & Safety requirements for the operation of all the EfW facility.
- Responsible of the team for the daily operations and mid-term organization of the site activities in the EfW plant. Ensures a smooth coordination with other O&M activities on the Vinca complex together with the Landfill Operations Director.
- Manages the operation of the EfW Plant in accordance with the Business Plan and Budget while meeting the contractual and legal requirements of the operation. Delivers against financial KPIs.
- Is a partner to the Project Manager team during construction, commissioning and warranty phases for the EfW Plant.
- Creates and implements SVO operation organization, principles, rules and procedures based on Suez knowhow and in compliance with Health and Safety, legal and contractual requirements.
- Ensures high standards of environmental safety and operational excellence by effectively managing the day-to-day operations of the Vinca EfW Plant. Ensures smooth operation: coordination with ongoing construction, permitting, landfill operation.
- Prioritizes and schedules maintenance of site facilities, equipment and infrastructure
- Evaluates data, trends and technical performance regarding the operation of the site. Identify, reports and remedy non-compliances and/or deviations.
- Elaborates and reviews the medium-term operation plan and proposes optimizations, projects or development options.
- Overall management of operation personnel and direct management of operation supervisors and managers. Participates to annual staff reviews and ensures individual appraisals are carried out in line with SVO policy.
- Identify and proposes training needs. Ensures adequate training is provided to allow safe and professional operation.
- Contributes to the preparation of SVO annual operation budget based on cost projections, new projects and estimated operated costs. Proposes and oversees improvements.
- • Participates to the annual elaboration and the monthly follow-up of the financial, technical and environmental objectives of SVO.
- Prepares reports and summaries for the Employer, the General Manager and/or the Board of
- Directors. Supports the General Manager and follows through with details as assigned.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Health and Safety standards and regulation to encourage safe operation. Promotes Suez culture of Health and Safety within SVO.
- Engineer or Post-Graduate in scientific education.
- 10-year experience in a similar position with management responsibilities.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Energy from Waste, strong technical knowledge in the field.
- English, spoken and written. French or Serbian language spoken could be an advantage,
- Team spirit and result driven, leadership
- Interest for operational organization and relationships,
- Ability to develop and build a team, good communication skills
Suez Vinča Operator d.o.o.
Suez Vinča Operator d.o.o. is a part of SUEZ groupe SAS. With 90,000 people on the five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances, in line with regulatory standards.Više o poslodavcu