Engoo is an online English school that provides 1-on-1 lessons to students from around the world. We currently provide over 1 million lessons per month and are one of the largest online English schools in Asia. We produce our own teaching materials and run our own purpose-built interactive language-teaching platform. As a company our goal is to make online learning (and teaching) fun, easy and affordable.
Engoo teaches English to students all over the world, from Korea, to Turkey, to Brazil — although most of our students are from Japan. With over 11,000 private tutors, we're one of the most effective and affordable ways to learn a new language.
We're part of DMM.com, one of Japan's biggest and most well-known digital companies, from online shopping and rentals to streaming services. Our English language service was launched in 2013 and has quickly become one of the most prominent online English services in the world.
As a tutor support representative, you will be a part of our Tutor Support team and interact with English-speaking tutors from 70+ countries.
The Engoo Tutor Support team helps tutors perform their jobs to the best of their abilities. Your interactions with tutors will vary and include things like helping them navigate the platform, receiving and responding to feedback about lessons, issuing recommendation letters, or even just touching base for a chat to make sure things are going well.
You will also handle and resolve complaints, provide feedback to tutors, and deal with record-keeping and other information in the system.
- Be the primary point of contact and support for tutors via text and video chat, assisting them with their concerns and helping them to do their jobs more effectively.
- Process student feedback and use it to provide tutors with tips and advice.
- Coordinate with other departments to make sure that tutors are heard, supported, and that their concerns are handled properly and in a timely manner.
- Use your insights into both our tutors' and students' experiences to provide feedback to the company and proactively suggest improvements to management that could be made to our processes.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication skills, empathy and ability to build rapport with people.
- Good at numerical and verbal reasoning skills, ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to changes.
- Available to work 8 hour shifts that cover our core hours (8pm - 2am Japan Standard Time).
Nice to have:
- Customer service/Call center/Help desk experience.
- Experience with technical or IT troubleshooting.
- Interest/experience in language learning.
- Full-time home based position with the status of an Independent Contractor.
- Fixed monthly salary.
- Starting gross salary range: $700 - $900
- Paid vacation days.
- Semi-flexible working hours.
- Guided initial training.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- A supportive, dynamic, international working environment.
- Team building activities and events, international travel.
- Other benefits.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume (CV) and cover letter (optional) electronically.
*By submitting this application I consent to my data being processed and stored by Engoo for the purpose of this selection process only.
Engoo maintains robust data security measures to protect candidate's personal data. Candidates retain the right to request their data (application) to be deleted or changed at any time during the selection process. Candidates can avail their right by sending an email to: email@example.com All personal data will be deleted after the recruitment and hiring process ends.
It is our dream to make the world smaller by providing opportunities for everyone to enjoy the fun of learning English at a reasonable price and opportunities for everyone to be an English teacher wherever in the world.We started catering to Japanese students through DMM Eikaiwa. In 2015, we expanded our service to 12 more countries in Asia, Europe, South, and Central America. Our business offers a combination of value and convenience. It is about our students getting good quality education wherever…Više o poslodavcu