- Join an international leader in mining & metals offering outstanding personal development & career opportunities
- Be part of a diverse, agile and talented team of experts with an active caring culture and strong teamwork
- Role based in Belgrade, Serbia
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Coordinator – Environment who will be providing support for the implementation of Rio Tinto Environmental standards, Serbian and EU regulation, focusing primarily on implementation and maintenance field activities, related to environment and community issues. The work will be conducted in close cooperation with the Environment, Communities and Land Acquisition teams.
Reporting to the Senior Advisor Environment, you will:
- Assist the Senior Environmental Adviser to complete and assist field data acquisition activities, contributing environment content to the project studies and ultimately ensuring project design and execution plans meet environmental requirements Assist in the implementation of all aspects of environmental procedures;
- Provide support in supervising and coordinating work of the contractors, operators, primarily related to the implementation of activities related to field activities;
- Assist with the review of environmental impact models and assist in the development of suitable mitigations with the Environmental Team;
- Assist the Senior Environmental Adviser to complete projects requests related to Legal requirements, administrative and budget requires
- Assist in the development of mitigation monitoring programs with the Environmental team;
- Assist with the review of relevant EIA and ESIA documentation prior to submission to relevant regulatory bodies;
- Enter and retrieve data from computer spreadsheets, databases and maintaining records of process operation, performance and activities;
- Support the provision of GIS and general cartographic services where required;
- Data storage analysis;
- Under direction from the Senior Environmental Adviser ensure assist with the proper recording and follow up of environmental complaints;
- Under direction of the Senior Environmental Adviser maintain environmental records and upload information to the Jadar project data base;
- Assist with managing environmental issues which may arise in close cooperation with the Senior Environmental Adviser & CSP advisor/Superintendent communities;
- Assists with Community/Environmental meetings and consultations.
What you’ll bring
- Safety mindset
- Undergraduate level in Environmental Science or Engineering (with relevant experience in the completion of Environmental Monitoring at mining or processing projects would be an asset)
- Minimum two years completing monitoring programs
- Minimum of EIA process understanding and understand mitigation measures is an asset
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to present details in a clear and effective manner;
- Effective data interpretation and presentation skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results under tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams under changing circumstances.
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
Where you will be working
The Jadar Project is a world-class lithium-borate deposit discovered by Rio Tinto in 2004. Jadar is a unique deposit near the town of Loznica, Serbia. It contains Jadarite - a new lithium sodium borosilicate mineral. Jadar is the only place in the world where this mineral can be found. Jadar has been ranked as one of the largest lithium deposits in the world with a potential to supply a significant amount of the global demand for lithium and boric acid. If developed, Jadar will be a modern underground mine with efficient processing and shipping facilities.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
- 400-1190 Avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal, Srbija