SOS Children’s Villages Serbia is a member of SOS Children’s Villages International, founded 1949, helping more than 1.200.000 people in 135 countries worldwide.
In order to support our Regional project “Youth Empowerment Enabling Prospects- YEEP” implemented in Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, territory of Kosovo, North Macedonia and Serbia, we are looking for an enthusiastic, well organized and a committed individual for the position of:
Expert for Capacity Development in Fundraising
(location: Belgrade, Serbia,
Regional Project “Youth Employment Enabling Prospects - Yeep!“)
Mission of the position:
The holder of the position develops fundraising to become a sustainable income source for local associations. Within this mission he/she ensures capacity building in all segments of fundraising to enable local associations to work independently for local community development. He/she cooperates closely with the Regional Project Manager and project team in countries. The holder of the position is responsible for guiding local associations to reach a self-responsible, strategic, income securing and thus professional level of fundraising.
Key performance areas and responsibilities:
- Support project partners to execute market assessment
- Support project partners to assess market-potential
- Train local partners in the fundraising-channels
- Election of most potential income channels and implementation of FR-campaigns
- Support project partners in FR, HR-set-up, give in-put to HR-set-up including sample Job-profiles, Sample job descriptions, recruitment interviews
- Monitor FR results
- Support planning of local FR strategies and income target setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Ecomonics, Fundraising (Master degree in relevant field would be an advantage)
- Experience in Fundraising at least for 3-5 years
- Significant experience of working in the development context
- Experience in provision of trainings at least 3 years
- Experience of project/program concept development and management
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Serbian language
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Strong communication, presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Efficient task prioritization and time management
- Flexibilty to work both in team and independently
- Work under time pressure
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinkining
Preferred additional criteria:
- Pro-active approach
- Experience in organisational change processes
- Experience of working in an NGO
- Self-motivated, determined, innovative and with a “can do” mentality
- Demonstrated results in successful track record in project management
If you are interested in the position please send your CV electronically.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 29.01.2020.