The Rule of Law (ROL) Project in Serbia is a four-year USAID initiative. The objectives of the project are to promote the strategic advancement of Serbia’s judicial reform process, increase judicial efficiency and access to justice through non-judicial services and build capacity of institutions in the judiciary outside of the court system. One of the objectives of the Project is to improve the case management application (LURIS) of the State Attorney's Office (SAO) currently in use at its Belgrade headquarters, and to introduce it in all eleven (11) SAO regional departments.
In order to better prepare the SAO Department in Požarevac for further LURIS implementation, we are seeking two Serbian nationals to review both active and archived cases, with the aim to verify exact number of these types of cases, and assist SAO Department in Požarevac label all archived cases in accordance with SAO Rules on management and administration for the period of 2 months: Expert for the review, recording and archiving.
- The experts engaged in the Project will, under the supervision of and in cooperation with the State Attorney (SA) Deputy, legal advisors, and employees of the State Attorney's Office, inspect approximately 20,000 cases from the SAO Department in Požarevac in order to review the status of cases and segregate cases to be archived from active cases; review the archived cases and label them in accordance with the SAO Rules on management and administration; and track and analyze statistical data regarding the inflow of new cases and data related to court hearings. The experts will also determine the average daily inflow of new cases at the SAO Department in Požarevac on a monthly basis, as well as the average number of scheduled hearings/day requiring the presence of SAO (Department in Požarevac) representatives - on a monthly basis.
- The experts will also undertake additional activities, including the entry of other data in the State Attorney's registers for case monitoring and management (so-called "scheduling"), and other administrative affairs of case management.
- Law degree or another university - level degree would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience with administrative work in the SAO or judiciary;
- Good basic computer skills;
- Good communication and reporting skills;
- Minimum 1 year of work experience;
- Local residence in or near Požarevac a plus.
Predstavnistvo Development Professionals Inc.
- Srbija, Beograd, Bulevar kralja Aleksandra 28
- PIB: 110148105
- Matični broj: 29017786