Job Title: Field Coordinator
Starting date: mid November 2020
Contract Length: One year, renewable
Exact Job Location: Vranje/Bujanovac
Reports to: Project Manager
About the Western Balkans Programme of People in Need:
People in Need (PIN) started working in former Yugoslavia in the early 1990s to deliver humanitarian aid and has remained in the region since to support the region's social and economic reconstruction and development. Since the late 2000s, PIN has been working with local organizations to promote social inclusion and good governance at the local level. More information is available on the PIN's website, www.peopleinneed.cz.
About the role:
In February 2020, PIN in partnership with Peaceful Change Initiative launched a new project, ‘Amplifying local voices for equitable development’. This 30-month long project is being implemented in a consortium of international and local organizations and will aim to promote citizen engagement in eight municipalities of Serbia and Kosovo.
PIN is looking for an experienced field coordinator to cover three municipalities based in South Serbia who will undertake community mobilization, provide support to partners and stakeholders, organize and coordinate capacity building and other events, support the implementation of a grants scheme, and monitor project activities.
The position will be supervised by the Project Manager based in Belgrade.
Specific duties and responsibilities are:
- Mobilize communities to ensure their participation in project activities;
- Support project partners in organizing capacity building and other events for target groups and co-facilitate the events where appropriate;
- Organize public information sessions on grant schemes and provide support to the Project Manager throughout the entire grant scheme process, including workshops, training, monitoring, etc.
- Organize public meetings to develop community awareness of the project and maintain interest among beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- In close collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator, collect monitoring data, and support evaluation activities.
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the NGO sector;
- Proven experience of and genuine interest in community mobilization including working with minority communities and/or vulnerable groups;
- Proven communication and negotiation skills with local authorities and local NGOs, including the ability to explain and present complex information;
- Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Fluency in Albanian, Serbian, and English
- Own car and a valid driver’s license.
- A working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian and development organization
- Salary and benefits according to PIN Serbia Salary Scale and HR policies
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- Accident and travel insurance and free medical helpdesk
- E-learning courses, webinars, training possibilities
- Reimbursement of vehicle costs
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and a short cover letter electronically. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with the People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).
People in Need / Čovek u nevolji
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization based in Prague, Czech Republic. PIN was formally established in 1992 and has since provided democracy, relief, rehabilitation and other forms of assistance to over 40 countries and regions around the world. People in Need started working in former Yugoslavia in the early 1990s to deliver humanitarian aid and has remained in the region since to support the region’s social and economic reconstruction and development.…Više o poslodavcu