POSITION TITLE: Finance Administration Manager
REPORTS TO: Finance and Operations Director
LOCATION: Belgrade, Serbia
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible, under the supervision of the Finance and Operations Director, for providing support in managing local project financial operations and will support the review and oversight of the financial documents of the SMS (USAID Strengthening Media Systems) and L2D (US Gov Learn to Discern) Projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with the Serbia project team on anticipated funding needs, including travel, office expenditures, grants, sub-contracts, workshops, and other local expenses;
- Process local payments as needed in a timely manner and coordinate approval process with Serbia based management team;
- Ensure receipt of proper invoices, contracts and other documentation prior to making payments;
- Prepare and submit the Filed Operational Expense Report (FOER) in QuickBooks accounting system with all necessary back up documentation. Ensure the proper classification of correct charge codes and classes in QuickBooks;
- Prepare and process local salary payments as per local labor laws;
- Coordinate with project staff to prepare and submit the monthly Cash Advance request to the home office in a timely manner;
- Coordinate closely with the Finance and Operations Director on payments and timing of grant and sub-contract disbursements;
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of payments, invoices, Cash Advance requests, and bank statements;
- Coordinating with tax office on SNPDV and PPO forms needed for project’s payments;
- Input and regularly update grant related financial data into internal tracking systems;
- Prepare and request payments to grantees according to IREX and USAID regulations;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School or BA degree in finance, management, or a relevant field;
- Minimum five years of work experience in finance field;
- Experience working on USAID funded projects strongly preferred;
- Ability to collect and input data in into computerized databases and spreadsheets;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including cross-cultural communication, written correspondence, and oral communication;
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize; and
- Speaking, reading, and writing proficiency in Serbian and English required.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter in English that includes your salary range requirements (in USD gross amount) with your application electronically.
Applications in Serbian will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Only citizens or residents of Serbia will be considered.
- Srbija, Beograd, Francuska 17/Ap
- PIB: 110325204
- Matični broj: 28880162