Food and Beverage Manager
Come join the lively, spirited family of MAMA Shelter! Founded in 2008 by Serge Trigano and his sons Benjamin and Jérémie, MAMA is a place for people of all ages, countries, cultures and ethnic backgrounds to come, gather and connect. Be a part of the magic that is MAMA! We are currently looking for people who possess drive, charisma and warmth to join our team.
As the Food and Beverage Manager and ambassador of the Mama brand, while representing the Company, you are expected to embody the Mama Spirit. Being genuine, kind, considerate, courteous, thoughtful, positive and respectful to ALL Mama Family Members, guests, vendors, contractors and anyone on the Mama Shelter premise is essential to you performing your position here at Mama Shelter satisfactory. This also includes being mindful of these characteristics while representing Mama Shelter at any time. MAMA is a unique hotel, unlike any other, providing our guests with a personal human experience and staff with a fun, exciting, enjoyable place to work and your attitude is vital to MAMA’s success.
Planning, organization and control of the operation in the Mama Restaurant in accordance to standards and directives defined by management in order to achieve efficiency of the F&B department, establish and maintain the quality of service, stable and satisfied team and positive relationships with guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing all areas of the food and beverage department
- Responsible for supervising all activities within restaurant and bars, organizes and controls daily operations
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage and labour costs
- Prepare and inform employees about the schedule of work, control the staff working hours
- Oversees all ordering of products, supplies and repairs
- Actively trains staff in the restaurant and bar, leads, coaches, mentors, develops and encourages excellence from team members during daily operations
- Actively participates in the integration of new employees in the team
- Assists in employee performance evaluations and discipline communications
- Ensures that all standards and regulations are respected for safe and adequate food and beverage service
- Promotes compliance with all standards and guidelines for workplace safety and health, hygiene and legal regulations
- Adheres to all government guidelines for proper and safe food and beverage service
- Creates and maintains positive guest relations; ensures guests are provided with an outstanding experience; dealing with quests complaints when needed
- Monitors that necessary changes or repairs are adequately and timely performed (in a restaurant, bar, kitchen)
- Attends meetings and organizes and manages staff briefings
- Provides guidance and assistance to other MAMA managers and staff as needed or requested.
- Works with the MAMA executives and staff to develop strategies to promote outlets, community events and other services
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with suppliers ensuring the business receives competitive pricing
- Previous experience in a high volume hotel or restaurant. Proven food and beverage management experience
- Formal education: minimum high school diploma. Relevant education in hospitality industry is preferred
- Intermediate computer skills
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to anticipate needs and wants of guests while balancing business needs of the Company
- Must have the ability to work flexible work hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks
- Passionate and creative
- Works great in a team
Apply with your resume electronically.
Deadline for applications: 04.02.2020.