Are you interested in joining a start up with bold global ambitions, that already has the backing of, a €3+ billion revenue, 27000+ person organisation operating in over 70 countries, that has deep market sector insights in collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services?
The Opportunity – Tier 3 Developer
Gen is looking for a Software product developer to work within development team on the Software-as-a-Service platform and applications built on top of that platform. You will be expected to be comfortable working with both server-side and front end technologies.
You will work within a high-performing Agile team delivering an exciting new product which is launching in Q3 of 2021. The team is highly self-organising, and you will be expected to fit in to the self-starting, highly-motivated team ethos. You will work along side your fellow team members, and report progress to the scrum master and the product owner.
Core responsibilities include:
- Building cool stuff: Build features that deliver user value; fix bugs and make sure they stay fixed for ever. Collaborate with subject-matter experts to find the best possible solution. Demonstrate your work to stakeholders in sprint review sessions.
- Discover, learn and apply new technologies: Help keeping the business cutting edge by working with hot-off-the-press frameworks and features. Learn, learn, learn, and then tell the team what we should be doing. Have a can-do attitude and an enthusiasm for software technology.
- Work with an agile team: Contribute to standard sprint ceremonies (planning, refinement, reviews and retrospectives). Assist the test engineers with the testing of the code you develop. Communicate what you’re doing with all the other members of the team, especially the other developers.
- *Collaboration: Collaborate closely with the multidisciplinary teams within Gen and extend to include partnering with a wide cross section of other groups from academia to start ups and the wider community at large. This role will work closely with wider ecosystem and platform partners to ensure Gen both generously shares and takes advantage of available leverage and synergies, to each parties’ mutual benefit.
- Front end and server-side code to deliver against user stories which meet the agreed sprint goal and the acceptance criteria of the stories and technical specification of the architecture owner
- Collaboration with testers to ensure that newly developed features are tested in a timely manner and meet quality standards
- Write automated tests for as much of your code as feasible – we aim for 100% coverage where practical
- Code reviews for other team members to ensure that coding standards are maintained
- Input into the refinement of stories during backlog refinement sessions, including tasking up of stories ready for estimation
- Input into sprint planning sessions so that the team can effectively plan sprint deliverables
Key Relationships, Collaborations and Connections
- This role reports to architecture owner, scrum master and product owner, but as always in Agile teams, your key responsibility is to your other team members.
- You will work primarily with team members in Serbia and UK as well as other Arcadis Gen offices
What We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate will be familiar with modern software development practices and coding standards. It is not necessary to have worked with our specific technologies, but it is preferable to have worked in closely related areas. Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and adapt are more important than experience; we want you to grow and develop in Arcadis Gen, rather than arriving fully formed. It is beneficial but not essential for you to have worked in an Agile delivery team in the past.
The key skills the successful candidate will have include:
- Technical related degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English
- 2+ years in professional experience in software development
- Experience with Git
- Experience with unit and integration testing (Junit, Jasmine)
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with document databases is a plus
- Experience with Spring is a plus
- Experience with Continuous integration and delivery is a plus
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with building hybrid mobile apps is a plus (Ionic framework, Apache Cordova) is a plus
- Knowledge of GoF design patterns is a plus
- Experience with Scrum methodology is a plus
Who is Arcadis
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are a multi-billion business that employees 27,000+ people globally. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.
Discover the next generation Bold, disruptive, experimental - the pioneers of what's possible. Changing how we think to create a better tomorrow. We are Arcadis Gen.Launching in spring 2020, Arcadis Gen is the new digital business from Arcadis, SEAMS and EAMS Group Our Story Arcadis Gen specialises in working with clients to enable them to achieve their strategic objectives, as they reach new heights in business performance, asset reliability and performance, efficiency and effectiveness…Više o poslodavcu