The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
TRAK (Trends, Research, Analysis and Knowledge) Unit looks for data and facts assess and validates the credibility of the information and its sources. By applying structured analytical techniques as well as data sciences, the insight provided brings a complementary reading of conflict and violent environments. This contributes to reinforce ICRC stakeholders' confidence to make decisions.
TRAK Unit also contributes to the ICRC's digital transformation, especially by creating a capacity to access, qualify, authenticate, manage, analyze and leverage data to inform and support the ICRC’s humanitarian response.
The BSSC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
TRAK Functional Data Analyst
He/she will support the ICRC evolving data analytics activities. This includes analysis and visualization of data, as well as data integration, collection, transformation and quality controls.
- Creates high quality, actionable analysis/reports on a recurring and ad hoc basis using internal and external data to enable evidence-based decision-making or use of data in daily activities
- Create and maintain documentation for the key processes (including data governance; data quality; business glossary, etc.)
- Assists department/division in reflecting on improvements in the functional area of expertise and provides ongoing support with data and analysis
- Applies existing tools and programs own scripts and libraries to carry out analyses and data transformations
- Retrieves, transforms, consolidates, cleans and structures data of varying quality
- Assists in developing & applying data quality monitoring tools and contributes to driving the data quality
- Enters data in line with guidance
- Contributes to data protection impact assessment
- Labels data used to train machine learning models
- Contributes to institutional reporting and dashboards by supporting colleagues in delivering reports, revisions and optimization
- Implements corrective actions and monitors accuracy of medium to highly complex data.
- Improves data quality monitoring processes through automation, where appropriate, and assists in developing data quality monitoring tools
- University degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Econometrics or any technical field
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience and 2 years’ experience in a similar field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language; French an asset
- Experience with Social Network Analysis (Gephi)
- Fluency in Python, R and other relevant scripting and programming languages; good knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Linux would be considered an assets
- Experience with automated collection and storage of large amounts of structured and unstructured data retrieved in varying frequencies through web APIs and other methods
- Ability to understand new business processes and their interplay with software and organizational structure.
- Capable of working well in cross-functional and multi-disciplinary environments, in teams with varying levels of data literacy
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting international humanitarian environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is 28.02.2019.