Advertisement of vacancy:
Reference number: IPA 2017/CBIB+3/NKE/003
Western Balkans Region
The project ‘Cross-border Institution Building - CBIB+ Phase III’ is a multi-beneficiary project funded by the European Union and implemented by a consortium led by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in partnership with STANTEC sa/nv from Belgium. The CBIB+ Phase III is a new project conceived as an extension of CBIB+ Phase II (December 2015 – December 2018) for an additional period of 3 years (January 2019 – December 2021).
The second generation of cross-border cooperation (CBC) programmes at intra-Western Balkans borders under the 2014-2020 Instrument of Pre-accession Assistance (IPA II) undergoes a number of substantial changes in the management, implementation methods and mechanisms compared to the 2007-2013 IPA financial cycle. In addition, following the entrustment of budget implementation tasks, some of the programmes are being implemented in indirect management by the IPA II beneficiary instead of by the Delegation of the European Union (DEU). Despite the changes introduced under IPA II, managing and coordinating cross-border cooperation programmes remains complex. There is a need for technical and logistical support to a wide network of stakeholders to act in a coordinated, consistent and harmonised way.
CBIB+ Phase III will therefore focus on the following areas:
- enhanced networking and cross-border cooperation management capabilities between CBC stakeholders in the Western Balkans;
- the promotion of a culture of best practice and sharing of experiences (better capitalisation and dissemination), with an eye to the improvement of the quality of CBC operations (e.g. stronger CBC dimension and synergies with other policies and strategies, better capacity to respond to the cross-border areas' needs and improved sustainability);
- strengthened capacity of IPA II relevant authorities to programme, manage, implement, monitor and report IPA II programmes;
- enhanced monitoring of the IPA II CBC programmes through a streamlined performance measurement methodology;
- enhanced visibility and communication of the CBC programmes at intra-Western Balkans borders.
The consortium is currently recruiting a non-key expert to act as a graphic designer. He or she must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Higher education degree or alternatively at least 10 years of professional experience in graphic design;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to design and produce visual material for social media;
- At least 8 years of professional experience in graphic design;
- Experience as consultant in at least 5 cooperation/development projects including the design and development of communication and visibility items.
In addition to the minimum requirements, candidates proving that they have acquired the following qualifications, skills and specific experience will have an advantage:
- Computer literacy in IT programmes related to photography, video and design;
- Experience as consultant in at least 5 cooperation/development projects including the design and development of communication and visibility items in EU-funded projects.
The location of the assignment will be in Belgrade (Serbia).
The tasks and responsibilities of the expert will be:
- To ensure a high level of information sharing, communication and dissemination during the CBIB+3 project span 2019-2021;
- To design and supervise the production of at least three newsletters (44 pages, including 40 text pages and the 4 pages of the covers);
- To design and supervise the production of posters illustrating the EU-funded CBC programmes between IPA II beneficiaries in the Western Balkans.
This position will last up to 35 working days, starting from April 2019 and ending by December 2021.
Please note that civil servants and other staff of the public administration of the beneficiary countries (Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia, as well as Kosovo*) cannot be recruited as experts.
Please submit electronically by 25 March 2019 not later than 24.00 hours your motivation letter (max one page) together with your comprehensive CV only using the EU format available on the following web page: https://www.cbibplus.eu/sites/default/files/documents/attachments/Model_standard_CV_non-key_experts_revised.docx. All interested candidates should send their CV in English indicating that the position or vacancy is CBIB+3 – Graphic Designer. No other supporting documents should be sent at this stage. The CV should be no longer than 4 pages. In case of CVs longer than 4 pages, only the content of the first 4 pages will be taken into account. At a later phase, successful applicants will be expected to document the relevant qualifications and experience in their CVs with copies of diplomas and certificates of employers. If the selection panel finds it suitable, only the best compliant candidates may be contacted for an interview.
Candidates submitting their CVs in a format or language other than the ones required in this vacancy announcement will not be considered for the position.
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence