Beverage cans are more than just a perfect container – for us they are a high-tech product and the most sustainable packaging we feel passionate about.
Ball Beverage Packaging AMEA headquartered in Dubai, UAE is one of the leading beverage can producers in the region. Our customers include highly reputable, internationally operating beverage and drinks brands.
Our team is part of Ball Corporation, which manufactures high quality metal packaging for the beverage, food and household goods industries operating world-wide. Ball is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
In addition Ball Aerospace supplies aerospace technology and other technologies and services predominantly to the US government.
Our approximately 17,500 motivated and customer-focused employees worldwide share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct. We want to meet current and future business needs through the ongoing development of our knowledgeable people. Motivation, communication and satisfaction as well as health & safety are essential to maintaining a committed workforce able to accept challenges.
We are currently looking for self-driven, experienced and highly motivated person for the position of:
Graphics Leader - AMEA
Purpose of the job:
Graphics Leader will be responsible for leading the entire Graphics department within AMEA region. This person will be focused on Lean, Supply Chain and Project Management.
Graphics Leder should manage a team of Graphics Coordinators day to day activities and organize their workload to adhere to SLA’s and lead times.
Drive continuous improvements and implement processes to align with Ball’s guidelines for improved quality and efficiency. Offer training of the graphics coordination team and provide technical advice on complex projects and troubleshooting. Liaise with external and internal stakeholders to update on design orders and share best practice cross functionally through a Governance process.
Manage customer costs and regular invoicing. Monitor process and data entry quality via a design system used by all stakeholders in the business to ensure communication and design activity is recorded centrally.
Travel requirement up to 20%
Reporting to: Senior Director IBP, AMEA
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Coordinate graphics supply chain for AMEA
- Manage and organize workload to adhere to agreed lead times and quality.
- Provide technical advice and troubleshoot on complex projects.
- Take part of the daily customer demand (artwork and colour requests) advising about feasibility and liaise between customer, reproduction studios and ink suppliers to ensure concepts adhere to internal graphics guidelines and customer expectations.
Lead graphics excellence projects
- Drive and implement continuous improvements to align with internal guidelines.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to update on design orders and share best practice cross functionally.
- Oversee customer invoicing, and track all activity regarding customer costs.
- Adhere to quality and standard operating procedures when working with eSMART (or other artwork management system) regarding data entry.
- Assist IBP management on projects that impacts the graphics department.
- Build the capability and skills of the Graphics function across the region
IBP, Suppliers, Service providers, Sales, Operations, Planning, Customer Fulfilment, Key Customers, Quality
Professional & Education Qualifications:
- University degree
- Desirable qualification in Business, Design and/or Project Management
- In Manufacturing environment
- In Administration
- Graphics experience to be considered as an advantage
- Team management
- Experience in FMCG/Packaging/Beverage business and Project Management preferable
Skills and competencies:
- Process improvement
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Influencing skills
- High communication skills (written & verbal)
- Timely decision maker
- Printing skills
- Use of IT systems
- Desirable knowledge of SAP systems
- Excel knowledge
- Desirable to be eSMART advanced user
- Fluent written and oral English
- Any other AMEA related language is an advantage
- Ability to perform in multi-cultural environment