Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation is an international development organisation that supports achieving human rights. It stands for development that balances economic viability, environmental suitability and social benefit, foster intercultural exchange of ideas, the exchange of experiences and knowledge. It works with CSO, private sector and government actors and encourage exchange among them at local, national and international levels.
HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation in the consortium with Civic Initiatives is implementing Swiss Government project „For an Active Civil Society Together – ACT”
ACT aims to contribute to an active civil society for the benefit of all people and higher citizens’ engagement in decision-making, particularly at the local level. It provides a four-year support to Civil Society Organisations in Serbia (2019-2023) through granting schemes and capacity building in order to efficiently address the challenges of civil society activism in Serbia.
We are looking for a motivated candidate for the position: Grant Financial Officer (3 years position until October 2023 with possibility of extension), employment rate: 80%.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Review of potential applicants’ project budgets during application phase
- Verification of grant project budgets and analysis of expenses
- Support grant beneficiaries in project budget utilization
- Preparation of draft grant agreements
- Administration of grant agreements
- Review of grant beneficiaries’ financial reports (salary calculations and expenses)
- Review of grant beneficiaries’ procurement procedures
- Ensure adherence to donor procurement procedure by the grant beneficiaries
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual internal financial and budgetary reports
- Planning of monthly cash flow for grant payments
- Controlling of payment requests of grant beneficiaries
- Ensure completeness and adequate archiving of entire grant funding financial documentation
- Provision of help desk services in financial reporting and financial management to grant beneficiaries
- Provision of help desk services in procurement related fields to grant beneficiaries
- Participation and presentation at instructive grant implementation workshops
- Participation and presentation at Call for proposals info sessions related to financial obligation, if needed
- Occasional in-field, on-the-spot visits to grant beneficiaries in order to ensure that financial controls and procedures are in place.
- Facilitating in audit process
- University degree in Finances, Economics or any field relevant to the scope of work;
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in accounting and finance management of projects;
- Advanced level of English language, written and spoken;
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point), local accounting software;
- Previous experience of working in national or international non-governmental organization and/or national or international donor entity will be considered as an advantage.
- Availability to travel and to perform field visits in terms of financial control.
Competencies and skills:
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills
- Number-oriented thinking, attention to detail and accuracy
- Solution-oriented approach, independency and responsibility in work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (with sensitivity to cultural differences)
- Adaptability to different systems, processes and procedures
- Possibility to work in a dynamic multicultural environment
- Stimulating compensation package
- Training and mentoring in the starting period
The application should include a motivation letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position and a detailed CV. The position title and section/division must be indicated in the cover letter. Send your application electronically, latest by 29th of July, 2020. The process of the candidate selection will be conducted online by the company H.art development center doo.
Predstavništvo HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation SRB
- Srbija, Beograd, Makedonska 12
- PIB: 108921929
- Matični broj: 28900473