HR Assistant (full-time)
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms across all disciplines. We operate more than 200 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
We are looking for an HR Assistant who will be able to support MDPI’s human resources functions. The successful candidate will support management with a diverse range of HR-related tasks, especially with recruitment and selection processes.
- Screening applications, organizing and assisting in the selection and recruitment processes
- Preparing recruitment materials and taking part in the company promotional activities through various channels
- Researching and recommending new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting
- Handling HR administrative duties and keeping all relevant employee records
- Coordinating team-building activities and helping the management with efforts to improve staff-retention
- Assisting international employees with short-term expatriate assignments
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HR or related field (humanities, management, law)
- Strong English skills in written and spoken language
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- Working experience in similar positions will be considered a plus
Please send your application letter and CV electronically.
Deadline for applications: 06.12.2019.