Head of Operations - Content Division
The primary function of this role is to effectively oversee the fulfillment of visual content and listing optimizations purchased by customers of the business. The Head of Content is responsible for ensuring that all of the content departments’ offerings meet stringent quality standards and deadlines allowing Sophie Society to achieve its quarterly and yearly goals and maintain its position as a market leader in Amazon listing development.
Aside from enforcing QA and maximizing efficiency, the Head of Operations is also responsible for scaling the division's output and growing its team of freelance designers, copywriters, photographers, videographers etc. Process refinement and product development will also take centerstage in this role, and you will be expected to routinely audit or develop new project workflows, conduct market research and a competitor analysis on service offerings, upgrade or adapt design templates, define templates, create SOPs, Asana structures, typeforms, team briefs and trackers based on findings.
The ideal candidate is also expected to host daily meetings with the team’s internal resources and maintain consistent communication with its external resources to understand and overcome challenges, seek and seize new opportunities, and most importantly to ensure customer satisfaction.
Note: As you will be working alongside a remote team based in different time zones, please take into consideration that a high level of communication and responsiveness is a must to qualify for this position.
This is a remote working position.
Responsibilities (Tasks associated with the Role)
- Setting Scaling Goals in line with the organization’s growth plan and crafting strategies and processes necessary to hit these goals on a yearly, quarterly, monthly and weekly basis.
- Communicating these goals with the Head of Sales and leadership team to ensure alignment in the organization.
- Overseeing the divisions P&L statement and identifying areas for improvement and opportunities for growth.
- Creating the plan of action and implementing the processes/workflows and tools necessary to execute any/all strategies developed.
- Laying out the timelines, meeting rhythms, and the management structure needed to hit content scaling goals and meet the weekly, monthly, and quarterly targets.
- Nurturing and maximizing partnerships (cross promotion, affiliate, white label etc) to support the sales team.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction on both the service provided and overall experience to drive repeat purchases that increase sales.
- Developing innovative solutions to combat challenges that hinder the content team’s deliverables tied to the organization’s growth plan.
- Overseeing the performance/ productivity of the content team and freelancers and communicating job expectations.
- Ensuring accurate tracking of project delivery, cost, conversion, and customer satisfaction metrics
- Breaking down daily and weekly tasks for the team and delegating them in Asana
- Holding the team accountable for the completion of those tasks within the stipulated due date.
- Aligning with freelancers to understand our processes, tools, workflows, and company goals.
- Conducting audits and reviews of processes and workflows to increase efficiency.
- Serving as the primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to quality, customer service.
- Communicating customer issues with the content team and leading the charge in improving the overall customer experience.
- Conducting research on developments/trends in the industry that are related to the department.
- Working with the freelance designers, copywriters, photographers and videographers that make up the content team to improve and innovate our current content offerings.
- Enhancing the training of the freelancer team to deliver top quality services that exceed industry standards.
- Developing new services, pricing models, workflows, templates, and more with the team to expand output and services.
- Leading the weekly/Daily Sync meetings for the Content Team
- Ensuring other departments are aware of the content team’s capabilities and limitations.
- Forecasting Target KPI’s associated with the content department.
- Supplying the Finance team with payment trackers for the freelancers involved in the team and setting up a process to ensure payments are reviewed, approved and released bi-weekly.
- Analyzing variances in invoices and initiating corrective actions with the Finance team.
- Identifying and deciding on recruiting decisions necessary for the scaling of the content department.
To be considered for this amazing opportunity, you must:
- Be a fluent English language speaker and writer.
- Be passionate and a fast learner
- Be familiar with popular project management, communication and/or graphic design tools such as Asana, Slack, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Be Highly tech-literate with the ability to master Amazon tools quickly
It is also preferred if the ideal candidate has:
- Management experience with remote working teams.
- A methodical approach at tracking data (reporting), measuring progress, and setting initiatives.
- Effective communication skills with critical thinking / problem-solving abilities.
- A service-oriented and customer-focused mindset
- A high degree of discipline and is highly motivated by a deeper purpose
- The ability to adapt, think on his/her feet, outside the box, and act fast and responsibly.
- Operational expertise and a background in service fulfillment.
- A keen eye for detail and deadlines.
- A Background in research and development
- A Motivating and Inspiring approach to leadership
- To apply for this role, please record a short 60 second video giving your relevant experience and why you feel you
- should be considered. We recommend using loom.com for videos.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
- Salary: $36,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
Additional pay: Bonus pay
- 8 hour shift
- Fully Remote
How to apply:
- Complete this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qm6wYKGMjY-7PH4Res0DFUpctaHf_gFWl2oM1pe6U64/edit?usp=sharing
- Take this test: https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-9BJCKOC5I?u=1060254
- Send your resume and cover letter electronically.
Sophie Society Co.
- Sjedinjene Američke Države, Hopewell, 66 snydertown Rd