Head of People
Working hours (2 pm-10 pm)
Optic Power is changing the way organizations think about outsourcing across key business functions. Our team has helped shape some of the biggest companies in the world.
Our vision is to become the best employer in Belgrade.
In 2 years, since opening the office in Belgrade, we’ve grown from 6 people to 200 and we’re not stopping there. We have ambitions to build an office of over 400 people and keep counting. Our leadership team comes from companies like Google, Airbnb, Erasmus Network, and TeleSign. Do you want to help us make Optic Power the next big brand everyone wants to work for?
We offer our employees a truly international business experience with rapid opportunities for personal growth. We plan on hiring all business functions in Serbia while helping young professionals identify and fulfill their career goals.
Our values are Trust, Empathy, Courage, Accountability, Curiosity, WeNotMe, and Smile/Have Fun! If this sounds like you… then read on.
Optic Power is looking for a reliable Head of People to support our strive for success, constant growth and oversee the functioning of our branch based in the US. It is essential that our environment—our norms, principles, practices—attracts exceptional people and supports them in pursuing outsized impacts. As Head of People, you will be responsible for cultivating that environment: setting our people up for success, generating an outstanding employee experience, and structuring systems that enable a fast-growing organization to consistently scale excellent performance.
You will report to the Director of Operations and work directly with the CEO while largely owning your core portfolio of HR, people, and culture.
What you’ll do:
- Working with the executive team and team leaders you will own all human resources-related activities.
- Review and improve performance management approaches to develop and retain existing staff.
- Design organizational structures and career pathways that encourage effective operations, and also support mutually beneficial growth opportunities for maturing employees and efficient succession and contingency planning.
- Coordinate Talent Development: Create individual (e.g., coaching opportunities and feedback) and group solutions (e.g., training programs) to improve capabilities at all levels of the organization, including management and line staff.
- Understand, support, and embody a culture that reinforces our mission and values, sustains morale, engages multilateral feedback, embraces and is resilient to growth, and attracts incredible new talent to accelerate a continuous improvement mentality.
- Optimize the employee life cycle: From recruitment through alumni status, people’s interactions with Optic Power should be positive. You will identify and shore up gaps in our current approach to the various stages of the employee relationship.
- Establish people-oriented policies and practices that are aligned with, and enhance our mission and core values, and see that they are adhered to consistently.
- Optimize employee compensation and benefits programs to ensure market competitiveness and reflect our values and the needs of our people.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the business
- Creating policies, guides in a way that aligns with internal culture
What should you have?
- Have a bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- 5+ years of experience at a senior level of leading and inspiring a successful People team.
- Strategic understanding, and operational delivery, of people and development agendas and best in class practices covering attraction, performance management, employee engagement, talent management, and organizational change and development including culture change and development
- Experience in developing and embedding people‐focused strategies to deliver commercial and other business objectives
- Strong time management and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- High levels of commitment to the achievement of business objectives
What do we offer?
- Professional training
- Possibility to join an early-stage, growing startup
- International Business exposure
- Ability to work with a supportive team of creative, ambitious, and truly inspiring people
- We hire adults and treat them as such. We are less interested in measuring working hours and vacation time, and more interested in productivity
- Team-building events throughout the year
- We invest in professional and formal training
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Optic Power DOO
- Srbija, Beograd, Gospodar Jovanova 32 B/1
- PIB: 111895616
- Matični broj: 21563617