The ideal candidate will be able to both proofread and edit English-language content created by our team of professional writers. Having a keen eye for detail is a must, as the content must be proofread not only for spelling, punctuation, and grammar but also for tone, voice, style, factual accuracy, and consistency. Familiarity with multiple genres, formats, and industry-specific writing styles is also essential, as the content you will be proofreading includes texts for a wide variety of platforms.
You will work in a flexible and dynamic environment. That is why you must be prepared to handle multiple projects at any given time and work closely with a dedicated team of talented and driven individuals.
- Proofread copy generated by the writing team — including emails, website copy, banner ads, SEO copy, blog posts, product reviews and more
- Check for proper spelling, grammar, consistency, style, etc.
- Compare and analyze instructions with the resulting text
- Assess a text based on its informational value
- Communicate changes and annotate documents through Google Docs
What to bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in English language and literature or Journalism (students of the final years will also be taken into consideration)
- Near-native English proficiency
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent copyediting and proofreading skills
- Ability to conduct in-depth research on a variety of topics using the internet
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Microsoft Word or similar software
- Understanding of style and adapting content to context
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Passion for authentic, relevant, quality, and easy to understand content
- Work experience in proofreading and editing
- Editing and proofreading experience
- Fact-checking experience
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to set priorities
- Comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment
- Available for occasional weekend work
- Ability to work from home with flexible hours for the foreseeable future
- Working in a relaxed and results-oriented environment
- Excellent prospects for career advancement and valuable work experience for people just starting their career
- Salary: $400 – $700/month
Does the position of a High-Level English Content Proofreader speak to you and is it something you’d excel at? If that’s a yes, click on Apply Now and send us your CV and cover letter in ENGLISH. These two documents mark the start of the application process, so we will use them to evaluate your English skills. If they are in any other language, we won’t take your application into consideration.
To ensure your qualifications match the company’s goals, we’ve created a multi-step selection process that will assess your proofreading and editing skills. The process includes several test assignments, as well as interviews so that we can get to know you better. Therefore, give it your best shot and get ready to use this opportunity to the fullest.
- Holandija, , Beatrixstraat 30