The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
The ICT Infrastructure and Support Specialist independently manages ICT infrastructure and services in the ICRC Belgrade Shared Services (BSSC) office and provides support to end-users.
The BSSC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
ICT Infrastructure and Support Specialist
- Independently leads installations, maintenance and adaptation of large / complex computer and telecommunications infrastructure projects according to ICRC standards
- Ensures existing ICT infrastructure is functional
- Responsible for BSSC LAN/WLAN evolution and maintenance
- Ensures that global/country-level policies and procedures are implemented and followed
- Briefs, advises and trains end-users and peers on the ICRC's ICT systems
- Responsible for end-user support for approx. 200 users at BSSC
- Ensures inventory is updated as per procedures and carries out regular physical checks
- Drafts and updates technical documentation for all IT equipment
- Tests ICT services and infrastructure, (hardware and software) to ensure optimal performance and compliance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in IT, electronics, computer science, telecommunications or similar field
- Good level (spoken and written) of English
- Proven transversal ICT knowledge
- Minimum 3 years' troubleshooting experience in an area of the ICT service catalogue (e.g. workplace services, telecommunications, IT, help desk, etc.)
- ICT management certification (ITIL) is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting international humanitarian environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and a Motivation letter in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 11.12.2019.