The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
The ICRC ICT division is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting ICT solutions for more than 13'000 of its employees worldwide.
The BSSC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
ICT L2 Application Support Specialist (EMR/PEARL)
- Acts as the first point of contact for internal and external partners for their requests regarding delivered applications
- Monitors and ensures full processing of incoming request tickets or declared IT issues by customer focal point via e-mails or through the support website
- Carry out L1/L2 fault diagnosis to identify whether the ticket can be resolved on a first-time fix basis
- Escalates unsolved and/or complex cases, to functional or technical teams in Belgrade or Geneva (L2/L3)
- Builds, maintains and enriches the Knowledge Database, to enable problem solving without support activities; contributes to the evolution and the maintenance of the application / tools (reporting recurrent issues to the project and maintenance team)
- Actively participate in release and deployment of new features/versions (testing and remote assistance)
- Maintains a relationship with ICT teams (L3 technical support) to follow the evolving ICT architecture
- Resolves technical/functional issues open by the users and answers questions about the deployment process and technical/functional aspects of the application(s)
- Anticipates, identifies, investigates and documents recurrent data and technical issues
- Technical Sciences or Information Systems background along with 3-4 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Minimum 2 years supporting applications with J2EE stack on Linux environment including Tomcat, MySQL or PostgreSQL and Apache servers and J2EE messaging stack including JMS (ActiveMQ) and Apache Camel
- Experience with help desk procedures, corporate service management tools (Ticketing tool, JIRA, TFS), user support and supporting remotely deployed application for external partners
- Experience in Data management
- Very good command of both oral and written English language
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to interfere with and coordinate stakeholders across different teams (internal or external), with or without direct hierarchical relation, for specific support activities
- Very good analytical skills, ability to work in teams as well as independently and to meet short deadlines
- End-user service oriented, well-organized, open-minded and adaptable
- Experience with Humanitarian activities as well as with open-source platforms and CRM/ERM solutions is considered an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting ICT environment using the latest technologies
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and a Motivation letter in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 25.12.2019.