The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
The ICRC ICT division is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting ICT solutions for more than 13'000 of its employees worldwide.
The BSSC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
ICT L2 Java J2EE Application Support Specialist
- Act as the first point of contact for internal and external partners for their requests regarding delivered applications as well as monitor and ensure full processing of incoming request tickets or declared IT issues by customer focal point via e-mails or through the support website
- Carry out L1/L2 fault diagnosis to identify whether the ticket can be resolved on a first-time fix basis and escalate unsolved and/or complex cases, to functional or technical teams in Belgrade or Geneva (L2/L3)
- Build, maintain and enrich the Knowledge Database to enable problem solving without support activities; contribute to the evolution and the maintenance of the application / tools (reporting recurrent issues to the project and maintenance team)
- Actively participate in release and deployment of new features/versions (testing and remote assistance)
- Maintain a relationship with ICT teams (L3 technical support) to follow the evolving ICT architecture
- Resolve technical/functional issues open by the users and answers questions about the deployment process and technical/functional aspects of the application(s)
- Anticipate, identify, investigate and document recurrent data and technical issues
- Technical Sciences or Information Systems background along with 3-4 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Minimum 2 years supporting software with Java J2EE stack on Linux environment including Tomcat, MySQL or PostgreSQL and Apache servers and Java J2EE messaging queue (JMS) stack including ActiveMQ and Apache Camel
- Experience with help desk procedures, corporate service management tools (Ticketing tool, JIRA, TFS), user support and supporting remotely deployed application for external partners as well as experience in Data management
- Very good command English language (both oral and written)
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to interfere with and coordinate stakeholders across different teams (internal or external), with or without direct hierarchical relation, for specific support activities
- Very good analytical skills, ability to work in teams as well as independently and to meet short deadlines
- End-user service oriented, well-organized, open-minded and adaptable
- Experience with Humanitarian activities as well as with open-source platforms and CRM/EMR solutions is considered an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting ICT environment using the latest technologies
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and a Motivation letter in English only.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 14.03.2020.