Java Engineer - Ricardo Engineering Team
Job location: Belgrade
ricardo.ch is the largest online marketplace in Switzerland with over 1 million listed items and more than 2 million users and it has ownership on everything related to building the best search experience, from the infrastructure to the ranking algorithms and user experience.
If you want to make a difference and have an impact on e-commerce shopping in Switzerland, join ricardo.ch with InterVenture in Belgrade!
If you enjoy solving problems in a creative way with elegant solutions then you will enjoy working with us as a
We believe in continuous improvement, clean code, simple design, speed and scalability. We need strong engineers who can join most projects and push innovation forward.
What are software engineers building at ricardo.ch?
We built a wallet solution for payments on our platforms
- We launched a classifieds platform built on Microsoft Azure
- We refactored our search API and moved to a Microservices architecture. We A/B tested carefully, made it more maintainable and 3 times faster.
- We moved all our logs to ELK for all applications
- Reference: DUSHTsEwDQPHtpB5uSWFHoUUvQdloRP3vqtLFEyt10Q.
- Build robust and scalable software
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong experience in SOA environments, APIs, services, architectures
- Experience designing and implementing APIs and Microservices using REST and RPC
- Plus: experience with event-driven and pub/sub systems, Kafka, CQRS, ActiveMQ/ZeroMQ etc.
- Plus: Experience with frontend-backend architecture, web applications, mobile clients
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- Personal development/education (conferences, trainings)
- Great equipment
- Work in international team of talented engineers
- Modern and cozy working place with positive and friendly atmosphere
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally in an stimulating environment