If you’re curious, like to write and are interested in the world of financial markets, economy, technology, and politics and have an excellent command of English (C1/C2), we would like you to join our growing NEWS team, which is a part of the well-respected Austrian software company TeleTrader:
Here’s some more information on our company and the position we’re offering, directly from our News team.
What does the News team do?
Our News team writes news in English and follows the most important events in the sphere of financial markets, economy, technology and politics, with a special emphasis on Western Europe and the United States.
How is the team structured?
The team consists of the team leader (editor in chief), two editors and the journalists who are responsible for finding topics and writing articles, in consultation with the editor. The team covers news 24/7, seven days a week.
Where are the articles published?
All of the articles are written for the Breaking the News platform, a part of TeleTrader that is well on its way to take over the global news market. The platform is available both as a website and a mobile app, as well as on other TeleTrader products.
What are the necessary skills for working in the news team?
The candidate should have:
- Knowledge of global economic and political trends;
- A near native or fluent level of English;
- Good communication skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
- Good typing speed;
- Good Internet research skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Flexibility regarding working hours, including night shifts and weekends as needed (day shifts are from 7am – 3pm and 3pm – 11pm; the night shift is from 11pm – 7am; the weekend shift is from 9am - 9pm).
What qualities is the team leader looking for in a candidate?
- Comfortable in both individual and team work;
- A sense of responsibility and commitment to the job;
- Motivation for learning and further professional development;
- Ability to share knowledge with co-workers.
What are the opportunities for professional development?
The company offers internal training to employees as well as access to learning resources.
What are the benefits of working in the News team?
Work in a pleasant atmosphere where employees are treated as family and are always available to help each other. Moreover, employees will acquire a deep understanding about the stock market, macroeconomics, technology and politics. Members of the News team stand to benefit from improving their level of English through constant research and reporting.
What are the benefits of working at TeleTrader?
- Work in an established company with market leadership;
- Be part of an experienced and dynamic team;
- The advantage of learning the cutting edge technologies;
- Internal education;
- Modern work environment in a central location in Belgrade;
- Performance-oriented payment;
- Professional physiotherapist (massage and exercises);
- Additional health insurance;
- Fruit and hot beverages for employees;
- Team-building and sports activities;
- Full-time employment.
What does the selection process look like?
First round – hand-written test for selected candidates (all rounds will be conducted at the TeleTrader Belgrade headquarters).
Second round – two-hour long practical news writing exercise and an interview with the editor.
Third round – interview with the HR manager and managing director.