Arcadis Gen is the new SaaS business from Arcadis, backed by a €3bn+ revenue, 27,000-person, 70-country, 130-year-old company. We are bold, dynamic, and disruptive, revolutionizing the future of digital asset management through our 250+ colleagues in over 10 countries worldwide.
Gen has one purpose: to unlock the power of data for a more sustainable, efficient, and resilient world. The world is rapidly changing, and the potential of boundless data and transformative technologies brings countless challenges. And no-one is meeting these challenges quite like we are. Our customers want digital solutions that will optimize their businesses – for better performance, reliability, and improved quality of life for everyone. And that is what we do.
We are looking for experienced Software Development Engineers to work in our Software Product Development teams. Software Development Engineers are responsible for the technical development of our software products. Ideally, you will be a full stack software developer who work within our product development and platform teams. You will work on all aspects of development of a cloud-based, SaaS platform which supports a range of applications. You will be expected to be comfortable working with both server-side and front-end technologies.
You will work within a high-performing Agile team delivering exciting new products. Our teams are highly self-organising, and you will be expected to fit in to our self-starting, highly motivated team ethos. You will be responsible to your fellow team members, and report progress to the scrum master and the product owner.
Software Development Engineers will also work closely with other teams in Gen, including a close collaboration with other Architecture Owners and development teams.
Our products solve problems and unlock data on the physical asset lifecycle. You will be working with a mix of teams who are developing our next generation software products on our Arcadis Gen platform as working with teams who are working our existing product sets. We are rapidly expanding the number and size of our product teams, which you will be instrumental in facilitating.
Building Awesome Software - Build features that deliver user value; fix bugs and make sure they stay fixed for ever. Collaborate with subject-matter experts to find the best possible solution. Demonstrate your work to stakeholders in sprint review sessions.
Discover, learn and apply new technologies - Help keeping the business cutting edge by working with hot-off-the-press frameworks and features. Learn, learn, learn, and then tell the team what we should be doing. Have a can-do attitude and an enthusiasm for software technology.
Work with an agile team - Contribute to standard sprint ceremonies (planning, refinement, reviews and retrospectives). Assist the test engineers with the testing of the code you develop. Communicate what you’re doing with all the other members of the team, especially the other developers.
Collaboration - Collaborate closely with the multidisciplinary teams within Gen and extend to include partnering with a wide cross section of other groups from academia to start ups and the wider. Collaboration with testers to ensure that newly developed features are tested in a timely manner and meet quality standards. Working with Architecture Owners, Product Owners and Product Managers.
Development - Front end and server-side code to deliver against user stories which meet the agreed sprint goal and the acceptance criteria of the stories and technical specification of the architecture owner.
Write automated tests for as much of your code as feasible – we aim for 100% coverage where practical
Perform code reviews for other team members to ensure that coding standards are maintained
Input into the refinement of stories during backlog refinement sessions, including tasking up of stories ready for estimation
Input into sprint planning sessions so that the team can effectively plan sprint deliverables
What You Bring
You will be familiar with modern software development practices and coding standards. It is not necessary to have worked with all our specific technologies, but it is preferable to have worked in closely related areas.
Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and adapt are more important than experience; we want you to grow and develop in Arcadis Gen, rather than arriving fully formed. It is beneficial but not essential for you to have worked in an Agile delivery team in the past.
You will need to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as time management and organizational skills
Essential Experience & Capabilities
- 1+ Years’ Experience in Technology with a core focus on Software Product Development Technical related degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Agile Product Development and SDLC knowledge
- Experience with Angular framework
- Competent in SQL and with relational databases
Beneficial Not Essential
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Knowledge of Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence) Knowledge of Microsoft tools (Azure DevOps)
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Automation
- Knowledge of GoF design patterns
- Learning design and development
- Asset Management knowledge
- Asset Performance Management knowledge
- Analytics knowledge
- Linux Knowledge
- An environment with an innovative culture and the entrepreneurial spirit of a scale-up, we have access to Arcadis global offices and also have flexible working spaces in Serbia and Sheffield, UK. We encourage you to work from the office, as it works best for you to maximise your ability to collaborate and your productivity.
- A flexible working environment that proactively encourages you to integrate the demands of home and work and which considers wellbeing and sustainable human performance as core components of our strategy.
- A series of Healthy Working Practices across Arcadis Gen, including Thinking Thursdays, a day dedicated each week to minimizing meetings and maximizing opportunities to reduce the cognitive load.
- Opportunities to future proof yourself by working with highly motivated, curious and skilled colleagues in multiple geographies globally.
- A strong commitment to learning and growth, including a #lovetolearn cash contribution for you to invest in the learning platform of your choice.
- We are working toward our BCorp certification which will recognise our high standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability, and hope to have secured this by the end of the year
And of course,
- Compensation and discretionary performance incentive schemes which acknowledge and reward your contribution, informed by market data provided by leading global experts Willis Towers Watson.
- Leading healthcare, financial and wellbeing benefits, including financial support for your professional registration and accreditation.
- 25 vacation days
- FitPass gym membership
Discover the next generation Bold, disruptive, experimental - the pioneers of what's possible. Changing how we think to create a better tomorrow. We are Arcadis Gen.Launching in spring 2020, Arcadis Gen is the new digital business from Arcadis, SEAMS and EAMS Group Our Story Arcadis Gen specialises in working with clients to enable them to achieve their strategic objectives, as they reach new heights in business performance, asset reliability and performance, efficiency and effectiveness…Više o poslodavcu