Advisera is a leading online provider of compliance products for small businesses – we cover GDPR, MDR, AS9100, IATF 16949, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, and other major ISO standards. We sell the products globally, and the main markets are North America, Europe, and Australia. The company was founded 10 years ago, and from the very beginning we have operated remotely, in fact, all our staff works from home. We prefer people who are straightforward, innovative, with self-initiative, and open-minded.
The compliance market is growing rapidly since more and more industry standards and regulations are published, and because of their complexity, it is challenging for smaller companies to implement them without expert help.
Our mission is to make complex frameworks easy to understand and simple to use, and during these ten years we have pushed this principle to perfection – our clients find our products very easy to understand and to use, and this is what sets us apart from our competitors.
About this role
We are building and planning to build several SaaS products and are looking for an exceptional PHP engineer who is ready to take the lead on a project of building and maintaining a large SaaS application.
You should be able to operate without much direction, but be excited to work closely with a team. We want developers who are opinionated about smart ways to build, yet humble enough to listen and take input well. In this particular case, we need someone who will take on a leadership position — building and mentoring the team and taking responsibility for pushing forward.
Why would this be interesting for you?
This lead developer position is a fully remote role - you can choose where you work from, when you work, and how you work.
This is a full-time job, and we are looking for a person who would sign a long term contract with us. The right candidate will join our team in January, and we will consider candidates from Europe only.
This position will report directly to the company CTO.
- Envision, spec, implement, test, document, and maintain efficient, testable, and clean, production-ready code
- Ensure technical feasibility of new features and UX/UI designs
- Take a leadership role using your previous leadership experience or the talent and knowledge that’s been waiting for the right opportunity
- Act as a lead engineer on various projects, collaborating with members from other teams
- Lead and manage the development team to ensure deadlines are met with quality deliveries
- Ensure high levels of performance and security for company and user information
- Find the perfect balance between high quality code and getting a product shipped
- Meet hard and fast deadlines with strong time management skills and frequent communication with the team and company
- Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues
- Collaborate with internal teams, including product, IT, customer support, Marketing and senior leaders to optimize performance and customer experience
- Maintain best practices and document processes while staying ahead of web development trends
Skills and qualifications
- 5+ years of software development/web development experience in PHP.
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks such as Laravel
- Experience with integrating with 3rd Party systems such as payment processors and identity providers
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Writing clean and well documented code
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience using CI/CD tools as well as Docker
- Familiarity with AWS
- Strong and flexible communication skills
Advisera Expert Solutions Ltd
- Hrvatska, Inostranstvo, Zavižanska 12