Location: Belgrade, Serbia
- International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid
Typology of Contract:
- Fixed Term contract (Project based)
- 12 months – possible extension until 16 months
- Chief of Party, with strong technical dotted line with MEAL Consultant – Consortium
- Monthly between 1.600 and 1.800 Euro gross 2 (as per Serbian law)
OXFAM ITALIA PROGRAMME IN SERBIA
Since September 2015 Oxfam is responding to the migrant influx to Europe and aims to meet the needs of people on the move in need of protection. Oxfam is responding in Serbia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYRoM), Greece and in Italy (Sicily) through partners or through direct services delivery (Greece). The responses, that primarily respond to the needs of the affected migrants and refugees aim to deliver relevant and credible information for the purpose of global and national influencing of engaged publics and decision makers The responses in the countries are aligned by one agreed Strategic Plan that is backed up by a well-developed influencing plan.
The initial response focused on the Serbian borders with Macedonia, Hungary, Bulgaria and Croatia, and the Macedonian border with Greece.
Currently OIT in Serbia manages ECHO funded projects and it is transitioning to EUTF funding. OIT is the Leader organization of a Consortium (with CARE and CARITAS) which will provide access to food in 15 governmental facilities hosting migrants, asylum seekers and refugees in Serbia.
The Consortium MEAL Officer, under the line management of the Chief of Party and technical assistance from MEAL Consultant, will provide support to the Consortium MEAL team by developing and coordinating the implementation of comprehensive MEAL system to improve the quality and enhance our ability to demonstrate the impact of our humanitarian responses.
- Ensuring the Consortium MEAL team is implementing MEAL Framework and ensuring the operationalization and implementation of effective MEAL strategies and plans for humanitarian response programme at all levels in line with agreed standards
- Provide in the field verification of collected and consolidated data through implementing humanitarian response programme and project MEAL systems, including the spot check visits to centres and assistance in preparing documentation and verification of actions for monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities of Oxfam and partners
- Work with the Consortium MEAL team in, collecting data from the field as per the Monitoring Framework
- Follow up proactively with MEAL Manager to ensure data is collected at agreed intervals
- Assist in conducting surveys, observational monitoring, focus group discussions and key informant interviews within centres where food distribution is provided; this will include monitoring community satisfaction and discussions with beneficiaries regarding accountability and communication
- Enter gathered data in a prescribed format, provided by the MEAL Framework; normally in Word or Excel formats
- Contribute to timely and quality reporting on the projects
- Assist the MEAL Consultant in strengthening the accountability mechanisms; this includes documenting and (monitoring) follow-up on feedback and complaints of beneficiaries and the generation of regular analysis and reports
- Assist in documenting lessons learnt
- Work with MEAL Consultant on designing and/or updating the MEAL tools
- Organize, collect, compile and document all program and MEAL-related data and files, ensuring that all records are properly organized and stored
- Any other task as assigned by the CoP or MEAL Consultant
Human Resource Management
- Provide leadership to the MEAL team and support them in effective use of MEAL Framework and overall team management
- Coordinate the recruitment process of new MEAL staff and retention of competent and dedicated MEAL staff
- Ensure new staff receive induction on MEAL Framework and are familiar with the core organizational polices
- Conduct a mid-term and annual performance management, agree annual KPIs and identify professional development needs of MEAL staff
- Create open environment where staff feel supported, valued and respected
- Develop and maintain staff attendance system
QUALIFICATIONS AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a relevant field from a recognised university
- At least 3 years’ experience of work in development context projects, preferably in monitoring and evaluation roles (M&E) or in project management roles. Candidates with experience in research (quantitative and qualitative) will also be considered
- Advanced understanding on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning. Background in database management
- Experience in working with quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent understanding and practical experience with MS Office application, especially MS Word and Excel. Knowledge on simple Excel functions, including formulas and creating graphs from data sets
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to gender equality and social justice, including to the aims and objectives of Oxfam
- Ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines
- Potential and flexibility of attitude to learn and take on new tasks
- Valid driver’s licence
Interested candidates should send their CV, the details of 3 people who will serve as professional references, a short self-presentation letter explaining how the candidate’s qualifications and previous experiences are in line with this job description. Applications shall be sent in English electronically.
CVs will be pre-selected according to their coherence with the required profile. Candidates might be called for interviews and selection tests starting from the first day after the reception of CVs. Interviews will be held in Belgrade. Travel costs will not be reimbursed to candidates. For candidates who are not in Belgrade the interview will be by Skype/telephone. Only pre-selected CVs will be contacted. Oxfam Italia would like also to inform applying candidates that this recruitment process will serve also to feed into our Humanitarian Roster. Therefore, candidates who are not interested to be considered also for the roster are kindly request to specify it in their self-presentation letter.
We thank all those who sent their application, but we inform that only those pre-selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: for more information about the organization, please consult our webpage: www.oxfamitalia.org.
Deadline for applications: 30.08.2018.