Medical Doctor for Emergency Preparedness Pool
Lekari bez granica - Predstavništvo u Srbiji
Humanitarian organization Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) / Lekari bez granica is implementing a project of humanitarian medical assistance to the migrant population transiting through Serbia.
For its project in Serbia, MSF is recruiting MEDICAL DOCTOR for Emergency Preparedness Pool for field work post in Subotica
Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims or armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Main Purpose of the Position
Provide outpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose, treat and prevent common out outpatient morbidities among the target beneficiaries of the project respecting the MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her caretakers informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Identifies patients that need higher level of care and facilitates the referral to specified institutions for diagnostic or therapeutic care as needed. Follows up evolution of referred patients.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control.Ensure professional confidentally is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- MSF in recruiting for Medical Doctors to be part of our emergency response preparedness pool.
- As part of the pool, you can be contacted to support our operations on a short term contract in case of emergency interventions, increased activities or as replacement during holidays/sick-leaves.
- It is important that candidates are willing to work in different locations in Serbia
- Medical Doctor Diploma and license to practice in Serbia.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training).
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Serbian.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel).
- Candidate must already possess a right to live and work in Serbia.
- People Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Results, Teamwork.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
- This is a temporary position dependent on needs.
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, as we are looking to fill in this position immediately.
- Flexibility to travel to other project locations is expected.
- Candidates should prepare beforehand the certificates of the clean record from the police and court.
- CV in English.
- Motivation letter.
- Scan of a Medical Doctor diploma and Serbian Medical Chamber Registration/License.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Lekari bez granica - Predstavništvo u Srbiji
Međunarodna humanitarna organizacija koja se bavi pružanjem pomoći populaciji u nevolji, žrtvama prirodnih katastrofa ili katastrofa koje je izazvao čovek, te žrtvama ratnih sukoba, bez ikakve rasne, verske ili političke diskriminacije. Lekari bez granica se vode principima neutralnosti i nepristrasnosti u ime univerzalne medicinske etike i prava na humanitarnu pomoć.Više o poslodavcu