Lekari bez granica - Predstavništvo u Srbiji
Humanitarian organization Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) / Lekari bez granica is implementing a project of humanitarian medical assistance to the migrant population transiting through Serbia.
For its project in Serbia, MSF is recruiting
for field work post in Subotica
Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims or armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
The position will be based in Subotica with a mobile medical and support team either inside the reception centers or outside in settlements.
Main Purpose of the Position
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctorsand informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
As part of the mobile medical and support team, the Medical Doctor will mainly focus on the following tasks:
- Provides outpatient treatment to beneficiaries working in close collaboration with other departments
- Identification of patients that need secondary and tertiary care and facilitates the referral to public health institutions for diagnostic or therapeutic care as needed.
- Following up evolution of referred patients
- Systematically collecting medical data, encoding it using data collection app Kobo/DHIS2. Record any violence cases and provide medical certificates. Contributes to the monthly reports.
- Provision of Psychological First Aid with the support of Intercultural mediators. Does presentations to empower the team on medical topics based on the health problems encountered on the field.
- Conduct the pharmacy inventory on a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly basis in accordance with MSF protocols and standards.
- Working in close relations with other team members and the Project Medical Referent
- Networking with authorities in close collaboration with the Project Medical Referent and facilitating sharing of information
- Networking with other CSOs(civil service organizations) and other local and international Non-governmental organizations present in the location for referrals and needs
- Recognizes vulnerable cases and refer them for legal/protection based on needs
- Demonstrate flexibility in the tasks as requested by the Project Medical Referent
- Medical Doctor Diploma
- Desirable 1 year of experience as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training).
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Serbian
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Candidate must already possess a right to live and work in Serbia
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, as we are looking to fill in this position immediately.
- Candidates should prepare beforehand the certificates of the clean record from the police and court.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
- CV in English
- Motivation letter in English
- Scan of a Medical Doctor diploma and Serbian Medical Chamber Registration/License
Please send your CV in English and all the supporting documents electronically.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Lekari bez granica - Predstavništvo u Srbiji
Međunarodna humanitarna organizacija koja se bavi pružanjem pomoći populaciji u nevolji, žrtvama prirodnih katastrofa ili katastrofa koje je izazvao čovek, te žrtvama ratnih sukoba, bez ikakve rasne, verske ili političke diskriminacije. Lekari bez granica se vode principima neutralnosti i nepristrasnosti u ime univerzalne medicinske etike i prava na humanitarnu pomoć.Više o poslodavcu