Tražimo osobu koja bi operativno, finansijski i administrativno vodila našu kancelariju u Beogradu, sa iskustvom u finansijskom vođenju projekata. Posao je idealan za osobu koja uživa da radi u dinamičnom i međunarodnom okruženju, ne boji se izazova i voli da uči.
Menadžer/ka operacija i finansija je seniorska pozicija koja podrazumeva visoki stepen samostalnosti u radu, te samostalno odlučivanje i ispunjavanje KPI organizacije. Nudimo fleksibilne uslove rada, prijatno radno okruženje i prilike za napredovanje.
Detalji oglasa su u nastavku: Menadžer/ka operacija i finansija
Position title: WWF Adria-Serbia Country Operations Manager
Reports to: WWF Adria F & A Manager
Starting/ending: October 2022 – September 2024 (with possibility for extension)
Engagement: Full-time postiton
WWF is one of the world’s leading non-governmental and non-profit organizations for nature conservation. WWF has been established in 1961, and has representative offices in over 100 countries across the globe and approximately 7000 employees. The organization is proud of its supporters of over five million people.
WWF Adria is representing WWF within the countries of Western Balkans with more than 60 employees. It operates through the WWF Adria office in Zagreb (Croatia), WWF Adria-Serbia office in Belgrade (Serbia), and partner organizations and consultants in other countries of the region. To implement its conservation goals WWF Adria operates in the structure of different programmes (Marine, Freshwater, Protected Areas & Governance and Wildlife) which are contributing to protection of different ecosystems or to the improvement of governance of protected areas.
As an international organization, we support a working environment of diversity based on justice and mutual respect. We therefore welcome every application - regardless of ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and political views.
The Country Operations Manager takes lead, with considerable level of independence and autonomy, on the overall administrative processes of WWF Adria country office operations, including core budgeting and financial planning, accounting, project administration, financial reporting and payroll administrative processes in country.
The Country Operations Manager has the direct supervision of the F&A team in the office in the country.
Employee's Duties and Responsibilities:
- Insuring the compliance of country office operations with WWF Network Standards and Policies and local legal requirements
- Acquires good understanding of WWF Network administrative standards and Procedures, and in liaison with WWF Adria Finance and Administration Unit, acts as focal point for country office, to set up office administrative procedures according to WWF Network Standards, local legislation and best practice.
Accounting and statutory reporting:
- Defines and agrees with the Accountant (or the outsourced accounting agency or consultant) the WWF Adria-Serbia accounting / reporting needs to comply with local requirements, WWF Network and donor’s reporting requirements.
- Reviews all transaction listings provided by internal or external accountant to ensure that the information is complete, accurate and reflecting the appropriate project allocation. Coordinates with project administrator to ensure that the use and flow of funds is compliant with project budget and forecast.
- Coordinates with WWF Adria F&A Manager to ensure full integration of WWF Adria-Serbia budget into the WWF Adria overall budget and business plan.
- Responsible for all statutory reports and tax returns to be accurate, timely submitted and fully in line with statutory requirements.
- Directs the preparation of all audit trials for the WWF Adria-Serbia operations including external audit, individual internal project, or Field Office audits, develops a response to the audit report along with a concise plan for implementing audit recommendations.
- Reviews periodic submission of financial reports from Projects partners and other third parties and identifies problems and solutions.
- Ensures that the most favorable exchange rates are obtained for conversion of funds received to local currency. Updates and monitors cash flow projections and invests excess funds according to established policy.
- Coordinates with Accountant or the outsourced accounting agency on regular basis ensuring the proper flow of documentation and information to secure accurate and complete accounting data and outputs.
- Coordinates the monthly closing of the books and the reconciliation of bank accounts and petty cash.
Manage operations of WWF Adria Country office:
- Prepares and administers contracts with external consultants and companies for the service providing to local office. Ensures that contractees are paid on timely basis and in compliance with the contractual requirements.
- Enables WWF Adria operations in country by managing the operational infrastructure.
- Responsible for ensuring that WWF Adria -Serbia Office organizational setup complies with WWF Adria and WWF network organizational principles (e.g. office equipment, IT standards , travel policy, procurement rules, health & safety) as well as WWF Code of Ethics and policies on fraud & corruption prevention).
- Reports on timely basis to WWF Adria F&A Manager and WWF CEO on any perceived inconsistencies or reputational risks that WWF Adria-Serbia may be incurring as a consequence of project activities or staff behavior.
- Monitors and evaluates internal controls and proposes modifications to ensure sound financial management at the Office and the Project Sites.
- Plans and supervises annual inventory of office asset. Establishes procedures for purchasing and safeguarding of WWF assets and inventory.
- Examines paper flow and filing systems to ensure that they are in compliance with local rules, adequate for the users and can be easily accessed. Ensures the implementation of new filing systems if required.
- Prepares and administers Assembly meetings.
- Leads in internal or external auditing procedures required by local legislation or other WWF Offices or external donors if needed.
- Prepares and manages with HR Manager the employment contracts with the WWF Adria - Serbia office personnel, ensuring the compliance with WWF Standards where applicable, local salary scales as well as the Serbian tax and labor legislation. Ensures that staff is paid on timely basis and in compliance with the contractual requirements and best practice in the Country.
- Ensure, in coordination with the HR Manager the maintenance of an appropriate and confidential filing system of personnel documents and data, (including performance appraisals) related WWF Adria - Serbia Office employees.
- Cooperates with HR Manager the development and implementation of HR policies (insurance coverage, health and safety, recruitment, performance management, staff development, social and environmental safeguards, vacation and other absences etc.), internal regulations and salary scales in accordance with WWF Adria regional HR policies and procedures.
- Manages WWF Adria Finance and Administration staff, including hiring, career development, performance management etc.
- A university degree in Accounting, Administration and Finance, Economics, Management or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of proven experience in F&A department in private or non-profit sector, accounting/audit or consultant firms and at least 2 year of professional experience in leading teams.
- Experience of working in an international setting and in multi-cultural environment a strong advantage
- First-hand experience in managing project budgets, donor funded organisational process and international project cycle management
- Multi-project programmes and local commercial and labour legislation an advantage.
- Skilled in accounting, financial planning, budgeting, contracting and bank transactions.
- Advanced user of the MS Office applications with strong advanced Excel skills a must
- Fluency in mother tongue and English. Other languages are an advantage.
- Strong communication skills with ability to handle complex tasks and request with ease, including preparation of key reports and narratives
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and management skills; sensitiveness to work in a cross-cultural context, but with appropriate doses of firmness on decisions; dependable, reliable, and organized
- An ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good team work skills
- Understanding and applying WWF Code of Conduct and Respect in the Workplace policies
- Understanding and applying WWF social and environmental safeguards
- Aligning with the core values of the WWF: courage, collaboration, respect and integrity.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
Information and procedure
Are you interested in this position and do you recognize yourself in the above profile? Then we invite you to express your interest before 1 of September 2022 by sending an e-mail with motivation letter and CV in English with list of two references electronically. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted, and for selected candidates interview will be held virtually.