We are DevOcean Solutions and develop some of our partner’s set of products. A highly innovative financial technology business providing intuitive, user-friendly risk analytics solutions to the pensions and investment market.
We started our story back in 2014 and since then we have naturally grown from just a couple of people to a team of 30+. The more, the merrier, as they say. We have managed to build a fun and relaxing environment since our success is mainly due to the fact that most of us have worked together for years now. Despite having more hands on deck, we also face bigger, more complex and interesting challenges.
And as the challenges grow - so must we. We are happy to announce that our research and development office located in Bulgaria is looking to expand once again and we hope that you are the one to match our team's mindset. We are looking for a Senior Back-End Developer (or a prospective Mid) to join one of our self-organising development teams and play a key role in delivering high quality, high performing web apps for our industry leading SaaS products.
Some of the things that we find important at work are:
- Clean, simple and well-structured code
- We enjoy working in an unformal and friendly environment. Or from home (which usually matches the description above :) )
- We work smarter, not harder. Taking advantage of the proper tools, fast hardware, automation of repetitive tasks and taking the right decisions is how we achieve that
- We value the product of our work. We strive to make things better and to reap the benefits of the decisions we have taken in the past. Someone might say that this is a fancy way of saying that we do not like maintaining legacy systems but there is much more to that
So, what will your day at work look like if you join us?
- You will be developing Web API services using the .NET Core framework
- The company has a decent set of micro services that we develop and use. With time, you will naturally take ownership over a subset of them (including any new ones that you get involved in)
- You will be implementing new functionality along with writing unit and integration tests in C#. Yes, you read correctly – you will write tests as well. QAs are expected to help out but the main responsibility lies with the developer. The reason is quite simple – it is too difficult to write tests for functionality that is not designed to be testable. But you already knew that, didn’t you?
- You will use tools like Visual Studio, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, Docker, IIS, ReSharper, TFS, Git, Octopus Deploy, NuGet, Visual Studio Online and whatever helps you do your job (better).
- The test suits are automatically executed several times a day and a partial set – after each check in (CI). There is infrastructure in place that can automatically build and deploy a service and run its tests. Although you will not be involved with its maintenance, you are supposed to monitor the health of the code base.
- If the working process is of a special interest to you - the teams are following a Scrum methodology, which in turn is bundled into a SAFe (Scalled agile) framework .
What can you expect from the working environment?
- You will be working on services/applications that you and your team can call your own.
- Your colleagues are experts in their field – you can expect their work to be of high quality. The team will expect the same of you.
- Flexible working hours, as long as the work process remains efficient.
- You will have the power to make a difference and to be an individual, not just a resource. Your voice will be heard on all matters.
- Pluralsight Subscription, etc.
- Last but not least, we offer a highly competitive compensation package.
We are looking for an experienced .NET (C#) Developer.
If you have read the whole advert, you should already know what skillset is required. In order to be able to create a quality product, you are expected to have knowledge in the related frameworks, tooling and concepts (unit testing, mocking, dependency injection, IOC, ORM and so on).
Click on the "KONKURIŠITE" button bellow to take our relationship to the next level!
* All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
** Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are DevOcean Solutions, the software development partner Moody’s Analytics and develop some of the PFaroe set of products. It's a highly innovative financial technology business providing intuitive, user-friendly risk analytics solutions to the pensions and investment market. We started our story back in 2014 and since then we have naturally grown from just a couple of people to a team of 30+. The more, the merrier, as they say. We have managed to build a fun and relaxing environment since our…Više o poslodavcu