Lekari bez granica - Predstavništvo u Srbiji
Humanitarian organization Médecins sans frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) / Lekari bez granica is conducting a project of humanitarian medical assistance to the migrant population transiting through Serbia.
For its project in Serbia, MSF is recruiting
For the field work post in Subotica
Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims or armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Main Purpose of the Position
Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the field (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
Transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country's traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Performing Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country's traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service
- Ensuring that the outreach team has followed all movement related steps in close collaboration with Field Coordinator and the Log Supervisor
- Performing the purchase for the office related and facilities related items based in Subotica
- Debreifing with the Field Coordinator and the Field Coordinator Asssitant after the field visits on the observations and recommendations to improve security for the team in the mobile locations
- Setting-up distribution of NFI’s and propose steps for implementation in the field based on evaluations during everyday clinics
- Setting-up consultation areas for the mobile clinics and making the flow easier for consultations in close collaboration with the Logistic Supervisor
- Acting as a logistician in a case of an Emergency Preparedness (EPREP) scenario and supporting implementation in close collaboration with Logistic manager and Field Coordinator
- Identified Networking, monitoring and reporting on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator on regular basis
- Liasing with the authorties during their visit to the field locations and representing MSF
- Any other reasonable task requested by the line manager or the Field Coordinator
- Ensuring effective handover of responsiblities during absence in close collaboration with Logistic Manager
- Following the security protocols and driving rules, transport policy and SOPs during movements
- Ensuring updates on movements on the designated portals as informed by the Field Coordinator
Education Essential secondary education and driving license B
Experience Essential 2 years minimum of previous driving experience.
Desirable experience with other NGOs
Languages English and Serbian language essential
Knowledge Essential computer literacy and radio equipment user-knowledge
Competencies Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Service Orientation
- Stress Management
Other relevant information:
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as we are looking to fill in this position immediately
What we offer:
- Salary according to MSF local salary scale
- Private medical insurance
- CV and motivation letter in English
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Lekari bez granica - Predstavništvo u Srbiji
Međunarodna humanitarna organizacija koja se bavi pružanjem pomoći populaciji u nevolji, žrtvama prirodnih katastrofa ili katastrofa koje je izazvao čovek, te žrtvama ratnih sukoba, bez ikakve rasne, verske ili političke diskriminacije. Lekari bez granica se vode principima neutralnosti i nepristrasnosti u ime univerzalne medicinske etike i prava na humanitarnu pomoć.Više o poslodavcu