NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the day to day operational logistics support to the Customer Service field organization. Within a specified geographic area this person is the central point of contact for customer engineers, 3rd party warehouse & transport provider, service account managers and global logistics organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Logistics call resolution; source & arrange shipment of spare parts required for service calls. Key for this resolution is fast response, good communication and determination to find solutions for our customers.
- Inventory levels; managing stock level plans and fulfillment to obtain required service level results.
- Inventory Integrity; managing stock audits, update stock quantities to ensure integrity, investigate inventory discrepancies, in transit management, distress (parts return failure) resolution.
- The incumbent directly interfaces with the Territory Manager and his team of customer engineers to ensure a maximum level of logistics support.
- Executes strategies, programs, and initiatives associated with the requirements for call resolution and planning of service parts inventory for an NCR geographic region/area.
- Places parts orders, monitors back orders, expedites deliveries, and manages inventory levels in support of business requirements.
- Maintains targeted service level objectives by constantly monitoring of open service calls suspended for parts.
- Acts as the first point of contact for service parts availability issues between the Customer Service organization and various other organizations (including local CS management, Customer Account Team personnel, Logistics Analysts, and various global organizations).
- Fluently in speaking and writing of German and English language.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- One to two years of related experience
- Technical Hardware Knowledge.
- Requires extensive knowledge of general business methods and practices with an emphasis in materials and logistics management.
- Works constructively and collaboratively with others and across organizations to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency for customers.
- Applies functional expertise and Continuous Improvement methods and skills to improve financial and operational results, and customer delight.
- Seeks feedback, leverages experiences and acquires and shares new skills and knowledge to enhance organizational capability and individual competence.
- Writes, speaks, listens, and presents information effectively and persuasively.
- Knowledgeable in all Field Logistics Operations processes and procedures.
- Expected to have good PC skills to aid/assist in the completion of essential job responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Swiss language is preferred.
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.