Vacancy No. HUM00004Y
Job Title: National Human Resources Officer
Organization Name: OSCE Mission to Serbia
Closing Date of application: 08.07.2022.
No. of Posts: 1
The vacancy is open only for persons with the citizenship of or permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia.
The successful candidate will receive a renewable fixed-term Letter of Appointment, which will be subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period.
The incumbent will work in the OSCE Mission to Serbia’s Fund Administration Unit.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Fund Administration (CFA), the incumbent is responsible for human resource (HR) management in the OSCE Mission to Serbia. Specifically, the incumbent performs the following tasks:
- HR policies and procedures: Interpreting and applying OSCE HR policies, rules and regulations as well as standards and techniques related to all areas of HR management, namely talent acquisition, job classification, staff administration, performance management, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, staff-management relations, duty of care and staff welfare. Developing, reviewing and/or recommending Mission-specific HR policies and practices or adaptations to existing ones. Preparing a variety of documents, including plans, briefs, guidelines and instructions, related to HR management;
- Talent acquisition: Co-ordinating and advising on staffing requirements and the development and revision of job descriptions and terms of reference for compliance with organizational standards. Reviewing and approving vacancy notices. Overseeing all recruitment and selection processes in the Mission and participating directly in the selection of staff for high-level posts, ensuring that all talent acquisition practices comply with the regulatory framework. Within delegated authority, approving the selection and employment of consultants;
- Staff administration: Overseeing the development, implementation and day-to-day execution of operating policies and practices related to contractual arrangements with staff and other personnel, reviewing and approving contracts for the CFA’s approval. Overseeing the application of staff benefits and entitlements, including social security. Controlling all payroll actions and performing payroll verification. Making determinations on personnel issues with clear technical grounds; analyzing and proposing solutions for higher authority in resolving highly sensitive, contentious or unclear personnel issues. Advising senior management on post table changes and making proposals for staff budget;
- Talent development: Overseeing and approving the development of the Mission’s staff learning and development plans, initiatives and activities, taking into account outcomes of the performance management process and the Mission’s strategic and operational requirements. Developing and organizing effective onboarding, professional development and off-boarding programmes for the Mission;
- Employee relations: Preparing and reviewing Mission-specific initiatives concerning diversity and inclusion, as well as duty of care and staff wellbeing, in close co-ordination with staff representatives and senior management. Fostering effective staff relations and facilitating dialogue with senior management, administering staff consultation and grievance procedures, and working to identify and resolve issues at an early stage, providing advice to managers and staff in respect of professional working environment, performance management and compliance with the regulatory framework;
- Management: Managing the Mission’s HR section, supervising HR staff, providing them with guidance, implementing internal controls to ensure proper transparency and accountability, effective and efficient HR management. Establishing work procedures for the HR section, providing training to staff, and advising and supporting them in professional development;
- Performing other duties as required.
- Citizenship of or permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia;
- University degree in human resource management, public or business administration, law, psychology, social sciences or other related field;
- Minimum 4 (four) years of professional-level experience in human resource management (HRM), preferably in an international environment;
- Demonstrated experience in managing progressively wider and more responsible assignments in a variety of HRM areas;
- Good understanding of contemporary HR trends and intersections between HRM and culture;
- A recognized qualification in HR management (e.g. CIPD) would be an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in Serbian;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages; prior work experience in enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications would be an asset;
- Ability and willingness to work with people of different nationalities, cultural and religious backgrounds and diverse political views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the OSCE core values and competencies by studying the OSCE Competency Model available at: https://jobs.osce.org/osce-competency-model.
The incumbent will receive a one-year Letter of Appointment, which will be subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period, and which will be renewable annually, subject to satisfactory performance and continuing need for the post.
Appointments are normally made at Step 1 of the applicable salary scales.
Currently, monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is EUR 2,583.25. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
How to Apply
Please apply online. Only online applications will be considered; applications received by email, post etc. will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who have not been contacted by 30 September 2022 should consider there will be no follow up to their application.
Contact Tel. No: , ext.: 4133, 4157 or 4127 (Human Resources Office).
The OSCE is committed to achieving a better balance of women and men within the Organization.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment at a lower grade or offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
OSCE Mission to Serbia
- Srbija, Beograd, Spanskih boraca 1
- PIB: 104896339
- Matični broj: 06000029