Native iOS Developer (f/m/d)
HolidayPirates (www.holidaypirates.com) is one of Europe’s fastest growing, free-to-use, travel search platforms and apps, providing users with the best value for money international travel deals. Since its inception in 2011, the company has grown to become the largest online travel community in the world.
HolidayPirates Group continues to expand its online presence in Germany, UK, Netherlands, Austria, Italy, Poland, France, Spain, Switzerland, and most recently, the USA. Our 220 employees from 38 different countries work on 10 websites in 7 different languages.
HolidayPirates Group operates the following domains: urlaubspiraten.de, HolidayPirates.com, urlaubspiraten.at, PiratinViaggio.it, VakantiePiraten.nl, VoyagesPirates.fr, wakacyjnipiraci.pl , ViajerosPiratas.es, SemesterPiraterna.se, Ferienpiraten.ch and TravelPirates.com
Companies founded under HolidayPirates Group are: VoyagesPirates SAS in France; HolidayPirates Ltd. in London; Pirate Technologies d.o.o in Serbia for new technologies and the advancement of our own product; and TravelPirates Corp. in the US, launched in February 2016.
Facts and figures:
- Global headquarters in Berlin, Germany
- Management: David Armstrong (CEO)
- More than 10 million Facebook fans
- 10 million App downloads
- 800.000 Newsletter subscribers
- Over 1 million WhatsApp subscribers
HolidayPirates Group is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, musical taste, race, color, gender, religion, ice cream flavor preference, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
You fell in love with developing iOS applications?
When you work in interdisciplinary teams you exercise your full potential?
When you come across a new piece of technology, do you automatically think of all the amazing new superpowers it will give you and new things that you will be able to do with them?
Yo-ho-ho! Then you are the pirate we are looking for!
DUTIES ON DECK:
- Work within a small team of native app developers
- Develop and maintain an existing native iOS application
- Collaborate with a team who will be responsible for developing the API and push message systems leveraged by the native applications
- Timely communication of issues and status information to team lead concerning system development activities and progress
- Follow provided requirements and create or modify systems as required
- Conform to and help develop in-house software development processes further
- Follow agile, test driven development methods
YOUR TREASURE OF EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of iOS application development using iOS SDK
- At least one demonstrable app on App Store
- Solid experience in Swift
- Deep understanding of Cocoa design patterns
- Experience with writing well structured, readable and testable code
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with third-party libraries and REST APIs
- Experience working with native push message systems
- Experience contributing to or building reusable CocoaPods
- Experience working with profiling and automated/integration testing tools
- Experience working with Xcode, Instruments, and the iOS Simulator
- Experience with the App Store submission and review process
- Very good English skills
EXTRA KNOTS FOR:
- Experience with RxSwift
- Experience with Git
- Experience connecting with social networks through their native and REST APIs
- Experience with stability reporting and analytics tools
OUR SHIP & OUR CREW OFFER YOU:
- We will provide the technology equipment/gadgets of your choice
- We will give you freedom for your creativity
- Flexible working hours
- A corporate culture in which it is fun to contribute manpower and initiative
- A great team with smart colleagues
- Regular “Hack days” in order to try out new and interesting technologies and capabilities, as well as regular team events
- An attractive and competitive salary
- Barrels of juice and boxes of suits - as much as you like!
- Anchoring berth directly in Belgrade - Serbia
Remember, only a fully loaded ship can set sail - we only consider applications with CV and sample codes. We also appreciate a link to your GitHub account or projects you’ve worked on.
Work like a captain, play like pirate!
Deadline for applications: 16.05.2019.