We are looking for a Platform Engineer specializing in Observability to join our product development team, and play an integral role in the development and operation of our managed Kubernetes offering. You will build and develop observability into the platform, using Prometheus, Cortex, Thanos, and Kubernetes Operators, among others, as well as helping customers use these technologies.
Giant Swarm is a fast-growing open-source infrastructure management platform used by modern enterprises. Our vision is to empower developers around the world to ship great products.
- You will be responsible for architecting and building distributed monitoring systems, as part of our managed Kubernetes offering.
- You will help customers implement observability solutions.
- You will use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools from across the open-source community, including Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, Jaeger, Cortex, Thanos, and Linkerd2.
- You take part in oncall, as part of our ‘you build it, you run it’ philosophy. This includes improving operations, such as adding metrics or building dashboards.
Do you think that sounds like something you could be interested in but you are not yet 100% convinced? Talk to us! We have just created this position and would love to hear your thoughts and ideas.
- You are an experienced Linux user. Prometheus, Loki, and Grafana are familiar to you.
- You have experience with Go and at least one other programming language, and a strong architectural background.
- You have experience working with Kubernetes, specifically building operators.
- You have worked on the observability of container infrastructures before.
- You are used to deploying to production multiple times a day, and love to automate all the things.
- You are comfortable building and working with distributed systems - you prefer to build your applications as multiple services instead of a single monolith.
- We - and our customers - are currently distributed (mostly) around Europe. Your main timezone should be UTC +/- 2.
- We are very active in the Cloud Native / Kubernetes space. If you are as well - or you just love giving talks - it will be a perfect addition.
Every new team member changes the team. We love to learn from each other and we are looking for people who know things we don’t.
Becoming part of Giant Swarm means that, by extension, you also become part of the Cloud Native community. We actively contribute to upstream projects and our quarterly hackathons will give you space to work on out-of-the-box projects. Occasionally, when we, as a team, want to fully focus on one project, we scratch all meetings and routines for a certain time to better focus during our hive-sprints.
Continuous learning is important to us - we foster this through bi-yearly personal development talks, a budget for training/certifications/coaching as well as regular feedback talks and workshops. Our teams are cross- functional and collaboration is key.
Nothing crazy, but useful Basics: We don't count holidays but set a minimum number; You choose your own hard- and software; As a company that has almost, if not more, kids than employees, family-friendliness is crucial to us and paid parental leave is a no-brainer; We pay monthly perks that cover your costs for working remotely; We meet twice a year as an entire company and (if possible) see conferences as an important place to catch up with team members; We aim to be fully transparent (finance, salaries) unless it hurts people and trust you, based on this to make the best decisions
We failed in exactly describing our way to approach important company elements that can be described with ‘buzzwords’ such as agile mindset, cross-functional teams, self-organization, value of the individual or trust & teamwork. However, we truly care about them, we live them and we constantly iterate on them. Some snippets about how we do this are posted in our blog but by far not all of them.
Important note: We are not hiring job descriptions. We hire humans. :) We welcome applications from everybody, regardless ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.
Every new team member changes the team. We love to learn from each other and we are looking for people who know things we don’t. Becoming part of Giant Swarm means that, by extension, you also become part of the Cloud Native community. We actively contribute to upstream projects and our quarterly hackathons will give you space to work on out-of-the-box projects. Occasionally, when we, as a team, want to fully focus on one project, we scratch all meetings and routines for a certain time to better…Više o poslodavcu