The International Republican Institute (IRI) is the premier international democracy-development organization. Our nonpartisan, nongovernmental Institute has performed high-impact work in more than 100 countries since 1983—in Africa, Asia, Eurasia, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East and North Africa—and currently has offices in 40 countries worldwide.
IRI works with organizations and individuals across the globe to help citizens build democratic societies that are open and responsible, accountable and resilient. Collaboration is essential to fulfilling our mission in rapidly changing international landscapes. As an organization, we are agile. That allows us to quickly respond to critical, frequently dangerous situations.
Immediate Opening for an:
Job location: Belgrade, Serbia
Type of employment: Full-time
The Office Manager (OM) is responsible for the day-to-day accounting, compliance, and administrative tasks for the IRI Serbia office in Belgrade. The OM ensures efficient operations of IRI facilities and transportation; manages routine procurement, including tenders, contract administration, and payments; manages the relations with the tax office and ensures all regulatory requirements are met; and interfaces with IRI’s accounting and finance teams in Washington to ensure compliance with US Government rules.
- Accounting and Compliance: Possesses – or is able to acquire rapidly – thorough knowledge of US Government accounting and compliance rules. Assists the Director to administer sizable US Government grants; maintains monthly budgets, anticipates financing needs, maintains financial records in Organization’s global accounting software, manages procurement processes, and works closely with Regional and Washington accountants to ensure the highest accounting standards;
- Office Management; stocks office supplies, handles deliveries, hotel and conference organization, driver, translator, and other contractor booking and management;
- Assists with coordination with in-country legal counsel, registration and tax authorities, protocol office at the US Embassy, local banks and payroll companies, etc;
- Opportunity to work on some program areas, if there is an interest on the OM’s part;
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Fluency in Serbian, business fluency in written and spoken English;
- Undergraduate degree;
- Experience in the management and accounting of US Government funds preferred, but similar experience (e.g. the management of non-US Government funds) that demonstrates the ability to learn US rules quickly and completely will also be considered.
Please, submit your cover letter and CV in English. Early applications are encouraged. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 28.08.2019.