Seeking a Payroll Specialist to manage payroll for a growing AI startup.
One of Emerson Croft’s partner companies, an AI-powered recommendation engine that helps academic researchers discover articles relevant to their work, is looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to help with strong anticipated growth. In this role, you’ll work closely with the HR and finance departments to build sustainable payroll processes that can scale along with the company. The Payroll Specialist will be involved in fiscal planning, benefits decisions, salary reviews, and researching industry-wide payroll practices.
This role is an opportunity for an empathetic expert to build a payroll system that works for every team member. You’ll get to apply your hard-earned operations experience in a dynamic, challenging environment. Senior leadership will regularly need your input on both day-to-day processes and long-term strategy. To succeed in this role, you’ll need strong communication skills, and the ability to ruthlessly prioritize your tasks.
The company’s fully remote culture lets you cancel your commute and spend your time doing what you were hired for. Apply today — you deserve a work environment where you can make an impact.
- Design and adjust salary structures and compensation packages
- Plan and direct decisions about pay, benefits, rewards, and other forms of compensation
- Conduct position evaluations and audit hourly rates to ensure everyone is receiving a fair salary
- Participate in budget planning
- Clearly and accurately document payroll procedures
- Analyze compensation policies, figure out where they could work better, and implement improvements
- Research industry-wide payment practices and evaluate whether they could improve company processes
- Analyze compensation data across the broader job market to ensure we remain competitive
- Interview team members to process salary review requests
- Help conduct performance evaluations of team members
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or an equivalent field of study
- A human resources degree is acceptable if you have payroll experience
- 3+ years of experience as a compensation specialist or in-house accountant with payroll access
- 2+ years of payroll experience at a multinational company with 150+ employees
- Experience conducting interviews and salary negotiations
- Experience with ERP payroll software such as QuickBooks, Wave, or Square
- Ability to discreetly handle sensitive personal information
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to accomplish tasks with limited supervision
- Personal computer with a reliable internet connection
Nice to haves:
- Experience working remotely in a finance or HR role
- Experience at an early-stage startup
We are a Silicon Valley recruitment firm that powers companies used daily by millions of users. We work out of offices on 3 continents, with the majority of us working remotely from home or coworking spaces.We’re looking for talented developers, data scientists, machine learning specialists, project managers, technical writers, account managers and sales reps.Više o poslodavcu