People Services (HR) Generalist
T-Base Communications an Allyant Company
Rad od kuće
People Services (HR) Generalist – Full Time Hour; Remote
Reports to: Director, People Services
Schedule / Shift: Monday – Friday; Must have the ability to work EST or CST Day Hours; 160 contract hours per month
Simple. Seamless. Accessibility.
We are the worlds first comprehensive accessibility solutions company. Our brand represents the combination of three globally recognized accessibility solutions companies, including T-Base Communications, CommonLook and Accessible360. Our sole focus as a single entity is making accessibility simple, seamless, and efficient for organizations – ensuring equitable access to information for people with disabilities.
Our company offers a multitude of accessibility services and software solutions, spanning print and digital document remediation services, document remediation software and digital accessibility auditing. The most prominent organizations in the world, including those in financial services, government, healthcare and education, rely on our solutions to create, assess, remediate, produce and track compliant communications efficiently and cost-effectively.
At Allyant, we believe every organization’s journey toward equitable access should be simple and seamless through solutions that eliminate the worry, stress and uncertainty often associated with accessibility.
Allyant is hiring a People Services (HR) Generalist to join our People Services team!
We are seeking a mid-level practitioner with solid HR professional experience who possess knowledge and familiarity of employment law, specifically in the US and/or Canada.
As the People Services (HR) Generalist, you will be in a highly visible position that will support all areas of the business that impact company performance and profitability. You will support the organizations vision and goals by providing ongoing consultation, coaching, training, and policy interpretation to employees and leadership. This role focuses on (but not limited to): Talent acquisition management, on/off-boarding, employee relations, training and staff development, benefit/compensation administration, health and safety, and compliance management.
- Performs full-life cycle recruitment to include posting open requisitions, candidate sourcing, pre-screening, interviewing, reference checks, offer negotiations, etc.
- Facilitates new hire onboarding activities.
- Leads termination activities such as supporting managers with involuntary terminations, conducting exit interviews, preparing appropriate departure documentation, processing leave within appropriate internal systems (benefit, payroll, IT, etc).
- Supports administration of annual and periodic employee engagement surveys and action planning.
- Handles and processes employee leaves. Partners with the employee’s manager, Payroll, and appropriate benefit contact respectively.
- Conducts interactive processes in conjunction with management when any requests for accommodation are brought forward.
- Coaches department managers on performance management and other employee matters.
- Conducts workplace investigations.
- Administers benefit enrollments and assists employees with company benefits questions and issues.
- Maintains company global and multi-jurisdictional compliance with all government, legal, and mandatory reporting requirements including responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state/provincial and local legislation pertaining to all employee matters, specifically in the US and Canada.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices, policies, employment law, and common HR practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in a Human Resources role.
- Human Resources certification to include SHRM or HRCI credential preferred.
- Possess knowledge of foundational HR principles and best practices with proven experience of application.
- Knowledge and experience supporting multi-jurisdictional compliance with all government, legal, and mandatory reporting requirements including responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state/provincial, and local legislation pertaining to all employee matters.
- Experience with negotiating, counseling, and conflict management.
- Ability to manage projects by maintaining direction and focus through proactive planning, organized approaches to work and effectively meeting deadlines.
- Ability to create and maintain a collaborative team environment; to build relationships and effectively work with all levels of staff to include leadership and employees.
- Solid communication (written/verbal) and organizational skills. Must have a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Please do not include date of birth or marital status on your resume.
- Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Has the ability to work autonomously and make decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS software.
- Working space must be professional / business appropriate, free of distractions and safely maintained (as to meet safe working conditions followed on company premises).
- Working space must have fast, stable / uninterrupted internet connection.
- Willingness and ability to travel within North America if necessary (limited to 1-2 times per year).
- Although this is a remote position, we are looking for candidates that can work primarily in time zones UTC-5 hours to UTC - 6 hours.
- Please do not include date of birth or marital status on your resume.
- 885 Meadowlands Drive East, Suite 401, K2C 3N2, Kanada