AgroInvest Fond doo (www.agroinvest.org) is one of the affiliates of VisionFund International (“VFI”), the microfinance subsidiary of World Vision International (www.visionfund.org). We operate as an intermediary agent between the commercial banks in Serbia and entrepreneurs who do not have, or have limited access to loans granted by commercial banks. Our financial services aim to support economic progress in primarily rural and agricultural areas. We train clients to grow successful businesses using their earnings to support children and families. We started operations in 2005.
VFI is the world’s largest Christian microfinance network. For more than a decade we have been improving the lives of children across the world, by providing access to small loans and other financial services to families who are in poverty.
Currently we are looking for a bilingual:
People and Culture Manager (HR and OD)
Menadžer za razvoj ljudi i organizacija
This role reports into the CEO and is based in our head office in Belgrade, with occasional travel.
20% Strategic Leadership of the People & Culture (P&C) function
- This role is the subject matter expert on all aspects of people (HR) and culture (OD) and a trusted partner to the CEO and VisionFund International on leadership, change management, etc.
- This role will contribute and advise senior management on strategic planning, with particular responsibility for P&C needs, policies and procedures
- As part of the Senior Management Team the role will provide advice and recommendations related to the people and culture related implications of the company’s strategic choices and will be responsible for an annual budget and plan for P&C
- Talent management and succession planning will be part of the responsibilities of this role, as well as compliance with all regulations affecting People and Culture and the parent company’s (VFI) standards
20% Change Leadership
- Strategic leadership of changes in the organization (structural, cultural, etc)
- Leadership of internal communications and promotion of vision, mission and values
- Managing the people and cultural impact of changes within the business and in the external environment
10% Recruitment and Retention
- Provide strategic leadership to enable managers to attract, develop and retain a diverse and skilled workforce
- Manage workforce planning activities and retention
- Review the Total Rewards Scheme on an annual basis and ensure that it is properly administered
- Facilitate periodic salary and benefits benchmarking in the market
- Provide Facilitation and training to managers regarding employee engagement
- Design and implement appropriate staff care initiatives to ensure the well-being of the staff
20% Performance Management
- Ensure all staff and managers are actively engaged in performance management activities throughout the financial year
- Design a robust performance management system and make sure it is implemented throughout the organization
- Employee relations management
10% Learning and Development
- Ensure the P&C team identifies and meets the training needs of staff
Required work experience, knowledge and skills:
- Level VII university degree in Human Resources or relevant similar subject (e.g. law / business administration / psychology)
- 10 years’ experience within HR and/or Organisation Development (could be in-house or as a consultant)
- 5 years’ experience in an in-house HR/OD management position on a Senior Management Team
- Must have strong capability in written and spoken English as well as Serbian
- Demonstrated ability to assess, analyse and diagnose organizational realities and to use appropriate OD and performance improvement technologies, including coaching skills
- Track record of leading organizational change and being a trusted partner to leaders as well as an employee champion showing empathy and commitment to employees’ rights
- Proven ability to build trust and confidence with employees, being empathetic and diplomatic and ensuring that self and others maintain high standards of confidentiality and demonstrate that they value people
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and proven ability to analyse a situation, recommend options and, where necessary, to provide push-back or escalate concerns
- Ability to influence and negotiate (ideally internally and externally)
- Ability to provide people and culture related updates to the Board of Directors as appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an enabling style and a commitment to developing people
- Excellent organizational, people management and time management skills with the ability to manage and prioritise tasks for self and team
- Possess good computer skills and working knowledge in common software applications such as Microsoft Office and an HR Information System, with MS Excel skills
- Must understand and agree with VisionFund’s vision, mission, goals, and core values
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/serbia/visionfund/people-and-culture-manager-agroinvest-serbia/14444 by 4pm Belgrade time on 12.03.2020.
Life in all its fullness for rural families!