Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. Ball is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandma used to use. Today, Ball manufactures aluminium packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers.
In 2019, the company started producing and marketing the first infinitely recyclable aluminium cup – another innovation that demonstrates our commitment to sustainability.
Ball’s largest business is the manufacture of recyclable beverage cans and ends. A lot of engineering and technology goes into making beverage packaging at speeds of more than 2,000 cans a minute. We operate beverage can facilities in the America, Africa, Middle East, Europe and in a few Asian countries – about one in every four beverage cans in the world is made by Ball – and our products are used by the most recognizable beverage brands in the world.
Ball is a Lean / Six Sigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
Ball Corporation is currently looking for a motivated and nimble person for the position:
Plan-to-Deliver Global Process Owner
(Location: GBS Belgrade)
Primary purpose of position:
The Plan to Deliver (P2D) global process owner sets global data and process standards and tools for all Integrated Business Planning (IBP) functional processes against leading practices and ensures their implementation towards overall supply chain management excellence. This includes those processes associated with Planning, Fulfillment and Logistics. Supports the operating businesses in delivering the right product, in the right quantity and the right time, in the most efficient and effective way. The P2D GPO drives improvements to raise the performance of the company’s P2D/IBP processes by utilizing lean process management, continuous improvement and KPI-based performance management.
Reports to: VP Global Business Services
- Develops and leads a global strategy for the global plan-to-deliver processes and policies in partnership with the regional IBP functions, with a goal of streamlining and automating (where appropriate) processes between Ball and its stakeholders to increase agility and differentiated customer service levels, balancing customer priority and cost to serve
- Support the P2D process and data elements of regional programs related to IBP and customer experience
- Ensures globally consistent implementation of an integrated business planning (IBP) process, including data, KPI‘s, meeting cadence and systems, to drive planning on a mid & long-term basis (4mth-36 mth horizon)
- Ensures globally consistent implementation of an integrated planning control (IPC) process, including data, KPI‘s, meeting cadence and systems, to drive planning on a short-term basis (0-13 week horizon)
- Drives global deployment and adoption of standardized plan-to-deliver processes, with regional and local requirements customization as required to satisfy legal, tax compliance and other business needs (e.g. ATM), primarily in the following sub-processes:
- Plan-to-Schedule – materials, demand, availability to promise, production planning, scheduling
- Schedule-to-Produce – detailed scheduling, inbound logistics, receiving, managing inventory (making of goods is excluded from scope)
- Produce-to-Deliver – finished goods storage, warehousing, freight, transportation, and customs
- Leads the global community of practice for IBP, a network of internal experts to support the achievement of regional targets against globally defined KPI’s and identify and implement best practices. Recognized as the authority on supply chain processes and tools
- Works with management of the global business services (“GBS”) function and the business unit customers to establish and implement target service level agreements.
- Engages with GBS leadership to identify, plan and execute on the transition of plan to deliver processes into the GBS organization.
- Builds a well-functioning governance structure to actively engage company’s business units and relevant functions to adopt and embrace globally standardized processes, including the definition of data and process ownership roles
- Ensures appropriate levels of alignment and integration with other end-to-end business processes, including C2C and S2P
- Delivers a clear set of both short term and mid- & long-term business priorities to inform the supporting IT technology roadmap, and consistent implementation
- Stays abreast of process trends and leading practices occurring in the marketplace to inform strategic direction and process enhancement.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or graduate degree level education or work-related experience
- 6+ years of experience in executing and leading supply chain transformation activities as part of a multinational, business operation required.
- Certification in supply chain management preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred
- Strong experience in IBP and Supply Chain processes and demonstrated experience managing performance through service level agreements and key performance indicators required
- Strong knowledge and experience with fulfill-to-deliver processes including:
- Plan-to-Schedule processes and activities – materials, demand, availability to promise, production planning, scheduling
- Schedule-to-Produce processes and activities – detailed scheduling, inbound logistics, receiving, making of goods, managing inventory
- Produce-to-Deliver processes and activities – finished goods storage, warehousing, freight, transportation, and customs
- Demonstrated experience in process re-engineering, program management and technology implementation
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize varied viewpoints to identify an optimal solution and develop a coherent plan or vision
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and drive execution at all levels of the organization on a global basis
- Demonstrated ability to lead large global cross-functional projects and act as a change agent
- Experience in process architecture, process change, and change management ideally gained in other organizations which have executed transformation initiatives.
- Knowledge of, and experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining processes organization wide.
- Fluency in English langue.
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviours
- Inspirational Role Model - Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership - Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence - Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder - Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower - Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization
- Culture Champion - Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented - A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers
- Future Catalyst - Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist - Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
If you are interested in the above position and your profile fits with the above requirements, please send us your resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ball Global Business Services EMEA d.o.o.
- Srbija, Beograd, Milutina Milankovića 9e
- PIB: 110102813
- Matični broj: 21297992