The Rule of Law Project in Serbia (ROL) is a four-year USAID initiative, which is scheduled to run through July 2021. The objectives of the ROL project are to promote the strategic advancement of Serbia’s judicial reform process, increase judicial efficiency and access to justice through non-judicial services (public enforcement officers), and build capacity of institutions in the judiciary outside of the court system (State Attorney’s Office, SAO). Under Component 1, ROL works on assessing the existing strategic reform framework for the Serbian judiciary and its impact, as well as supporting the comprehensive strategic planning exercise that will yield the new National Judicial Reform Strategy (NJRS) in line with the Chapter 23 requirements. Component 1 of the Project will also deal with targeted judicial reform activities with the aim to improve court accountability and effectiveness, as well as transparency of court work.
Under Component II, the Project a) supports the ongoing improvement of the system for enforcement of judgments, ensuring the timeliness and integrity of enforcement actions, as well as b) analyzes the operations of the SAO, identifying opportunities to improve the performance and reduce the time and cost associated with cases involving the SAO.
In order to establish a motivated and comprehensive team to achieve Project objectives, we are seeking a Serbian national to fill the vacant position below:
Director Judicial IT and Case Management Systems Specialist
The Director of Judicial IT and CMS Specialist will oversee office network, computers and email system and develop functional specifications required for office IT, hardware needed and email systems. He/she also serves as the main point of contact and manager for IT analysis and systems specifications tasks under project counterparts. Further he/she will manage and oversee all project-related IT interventions with partners under the project workplan, including identifying and proposing appropriate solutions; budgeting; identifying and overseeing all IT-related subcontractors; overseeing and reporting on IT-related implementation activities; and representing the project at all relevant meetings and conferences.
Duties include the following:
- Develop a design and specifications for computer and network hardware to make the system operational in the office;
- Conduct ICT assessment of the current state of the SAO, for computer, LAN and WAN connectivity; provide recommendations for the improvement, and manage implementation of resulting activities approved for the project workplan;
- Manage and set priorities for the maintenance, development, and evaluation of all systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, Intranet, security, wireless implementations, etc.;
- Monitor, project, and manage system operational costs with the ROL IT team;
- Manage subcontractor work schedules, activities, and equipment and service delivery for all relevant IT-related work under Component 1 and 2 of the project;
- Monitor and manage software product development and delivery in cooperation with other counterparts/subcontractors;
- Monitor system integration and deployment together with other ROL IT team members;
- Monitor and report on network performance and take corrective action as needed (improvements, upgrades, and repairs as needed);
- Implement servers and VM instances including e-mail, print and back up servers and their associated operating systems and software;
- Provide Web administration support by overseeing and maintaining Web server functions, such as assuring logging and metrics data are stable;
- Create and manage active directory services and supporting server infrastructure;
- Implement and manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus and intrusion detection systems;
- Track milestones and handle communication with the software vendor;
- Assist in reviewing product design for compliance together with other ROLPS IT team members;
- Administer all equipment, hardware and software implementation and upgrades.
- Assess, plan, propose and supervise all ICT related procurements including workstations, physical networks, servers, telephony systems and software licenses in order to archive project objectives and goals.
- Supervise IT project team members, selected subcontractors and software development plans and activities, such as Case Management System (CMS) implementation, local area networks reconstruction and/or building works, help desk, trainings, website design/development, data migration, user manual development etc.
- Plan, build and maintain different computing environments: local office, software development, training etc. Advise vendors and subcontractors in implementation of production environments.
- Supervise the development of functional and design specifications, programming, implementation and completion of various IT related plans for Project counterparts.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and lead activities of CMS project by establishing work plans and staffing for each phase of project. Propose assignments for project personnel and help vendors accomplish prescribed time frames.
- Plan for IT consultant’s engagements and timeframes. Coordinate and direct their meetings with project teams and vendors.
- Coordinate and lead meetings and set goals and objectives in ICT related activities between different government organizations, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Finance and other relevant authorities.
- Prepare and advise in CMS users and administrative personnel trainings, deliver knowledge and establish common training goals.
- Prepare and review project reports for presentation to Chief of Party, USAID and relevant authorities.
- University degree;
- Experience with complex data/DMS/CMS systems implementation;
- Experience providing readable functional and technical analysis of ICT systems;
- Excellent organization and communications skills in English and Serbian;
- Strong report writing skills in English.
- Minimum 5 years of specific experience;
- Previous experience with IT in the Serbian judiciary;
- Previous experience in public institution/judicial reform preferred;
- Previous experience with consultancy to development projects preferred.
Deadline for applications: 20.02.2019.
Predstavnistvo Development Professionals Inc.
- Srbija, Beograd, Bulevar kralja Aleksandra 28
- PIB: 110148105
- Matični broj: 29017786