Our Events Coordinator will be responsible for juggling requests - via phone and email - to reserve our private dining areas. Outstanding client relations skills, experience with event sales, and hands-on experience with day-of coordination are a must. We are perfection-seeking in all that we do, but we adhere to a “work-hard, play-hard” ethos and are committed to work-life balance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the General Manager and Restaurant Managers to book and execute successful private events for small and large parties.
- Maintain and track Gather software database of event inquiries.
- Respond to new inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate with Executive Chef to create BEOs and plan large-group menus.
- Oversee not just private events, but also large parties in the restaurant.
- Accurately and efficiently communicate information regarding deposits, fees, cancellations, and day-of policies.
- Report weekly sales, deposits and calendar to respective department.
- Develop relationships with businesses through local marketing.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Well developed orientation to customer
- Dynamic, persistent and flexible
To apply please send over your resume, motivation letter and essay about your favorite restaurant.
Nina May is the brainchild of Co-Owners: Executive Chef Colin McClimans and General Manager Danilo Simic. McClimans and Simic, who had both worked together in the past, set out to create a true neighborhood restaurant. Nina May, inspired by their daughters’ names, is a New American restaurant in the neighborhood of Shaw, DC. This family style restaurant offers seasonal and hyperlocal ingredients, sourced from farms within 150 miles of the city. Committed to supporting local small businesses and…Više o poslodavcu