Product Development Manager
Seven Bridges is connecting the world’s biomedical information to accelerate research and improve health. We are collaborating with a wide variety of distinguished pharmaceutical, health-care, and academic partners. A central part of our mission is to help these partners investigate and treat all kinds of genetic disorders.
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enables scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine.
As a Product Development Manager, your primary objective will be to help develop product features that will serve the needs of our clients while meeting overall business targets. You will take part in all phases of our development process, starting from problem discovery through product design and specification, release, usage monitoring and feature withdrawal. You will also communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the product meets expectations. As a Product Development Manager, you will be taking a proactive role in project roadmap planning, maintaining product backlog as well as working independently with our development team.
You will be working closely with the Data department engineering team that is focused on enabling users to easily and efficiently transfer, store, organize, search, and use data on the Seven Bridges Platform. The team’s efforts are based around a custom-developed file system which is built on top of cloud storage. In addition, Data team enables integration of various types of customer-stored data and the Platform, maintains large datasets and manages 30+ PB of genomic data in the cloud.
To be a proper fit for this role, you should be willing to view our product from the perspective of our users, improve its usability, and work on refining our product requirements. You will team up with our strong engineering, design and bioinformatics teams to shape further development of the Seven Bridges platform.
An ideal candidate:
- Has strong technical background with 2+ years of experience on Product or Engineering position.
- Gained experience in managing software projects delivered to customers as SaaS.
- Has experience with API design (REST, JSON-over-HTTP, etc) and web user interfaces (creating mockups).
- Knows at least one programming language.
- Is proficient in both spoken and written English.
- Is an enthusiast with a strong desire to take part in all phases of product development process.
- Is focused and able to work well under stress.
- Is genuinely curious, research minded and willing to continuously learn and adopt new technologies.
- Is self-driven, have good organizational and time management skills.
- Is a team player and have the ability to seamlessly interface with development teams and leads as well as members of other departments.
- It would be of great value if you have a strong business acumen.
We value our team more than anything else. We like to learn from each other and share knowledge. Our team is built upon a culture of initiative and openness, where we embrace open discussion about potential technical solutions and genuine curiosity. We value expertise, integrity, accountability, and patience.
If you would like to work with us and help us build the next generation of genomics and be part of our team, please send us your resume/CV and a cover letter. Thank you for your interest in Seven Bridges!
Deadline for applications: 13.07.2019.
Seven Bridges je startup kompanija koja se bavi analizom biomedicinskih podataka. Analizama na našoj platformi ubrzavaju se i omogućavaju dalji proboji u istraživanjima raka, razvoju lekova i personalizovane medicine. Hiljade istraživača iz biotehnološke i farmaceutske industrije koriste usluge ... Saznajte više