Organization Name OSCE Mission to Serbia
Closing Date of application 30.Nov.2021
No. of Posts 1
The vacancy is open only for persons with the citizenship of or permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia.
The OSCE Mission to Serbia’s Rule of Law and Human Rights Department (Human Rights and Criminal Justice Section) is looking for a temporary Programme Assistant in order to cover for an incumbent on extended leave. *The successful candidate would receive an initial short-term Letter of Appointment from 1 January 2022 to 30 April 2022, subject to the approval of the 2022 Unified Budget or availability of provisional budget allotments for the first quarter, and extended further until the incumbent returns from maternity leave if needed but not exceeding 5 months 29 days in total.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the National Legal Adviser, the incumbent will provide administrative assistance to the Section and assist in the development and implementation of project activities related to criminal justice system and human rights. Specifically, the Programme Assistant will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative assistance, including in the annual budget planning process and in the organization of activities, e.g. official travel arrangements, accommodation, preparing terms of reference and other administrative forms/requirements, etc.;
- Submitting Purchase Requisitions for goods and services needed by the unit, receiving and signing for the goods ordered and checking for delivery with the Administration Unit;
- Maintaining regular contact with implementing partners, consultants and other service providers to arrange for the implementation of specific activities, providing input and guidance (as instructed by the supervisor) and confirming attainment of outputs;
- Preparing, editing and filing minutes from meetings;
- Assisting in the collection of statistical data, using a variety of information sources, on relevant institutional structures and developments in the given field;
- Preparing written documents on the basis of the collected data, including short reports, summaries, meeting notes/minutes, presentations, taking points, letters;
- Maintaining records of activities and projects with indicators of performance;
- Presenting data using comparative analysis and complex formats, such as spreadsheets, charts, matrixes and databases;
- Administering the organization and logistics of events (in-person and online) of the Section according to the events calendar, in line with the actual operating procedures and protective measures;
- Maintaining communication with external partners in order to organize logistics for joint activities, arrange meetings and implement agreed tasks;
- Providing support in development and distribution of printed material and publications, liaising with designers, cross-checking and proofreading if needed
- Providing interpretation and translation services to international staff from English to Serbian and vice versa;
- Performing other duties as required.
- Citizenship of or permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia;
- Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal studies or training in social or political studies;
- Minimum 4 (four) years of working experience in administration of projects or project planning, implementation, reporting and evaluation;
- Solid understanding of the legal system and institutions in the Serbian judiciary;
- Knowledge of OSCE or equivalent administrative framework would be an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Serbian;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Holding a valid driving licence;
- Ability and willingness to work with people of different nationalities, cultural and religious backgrounds and diverse political views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the OSCE core values and competencies by studying the OSCE Competency Model available at: https://jobs.osce.org/osce-competency-model.
The incumbent will receive an initial short-term Letter of Appointment from 1 January to 30 April 2022. Subject to the approval of the 2022 Unified Budget or availability of provisional budget allotments for the first quarter of 2022, and subject to a satisfactory performance, the contract may be extended until 29 June 2022 (not exceeding 5 months 29 days in total).
Appointments are normally made at Step 1 of the applicable salary scales.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is EUR 1,504.92. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme.
How to Apply
Please apply electronically no later than 30 November 2021. Only online applications will be considered; applications received by email, post etc. will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who have not been contacted by 15 December 2021 should consider there will be no follow up to their application.
The OSCE is committed to achieving a better balance of women and men within the Organization.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment at a lower grade or offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
OSCE Mission to Serbia
- Srbija, Beograd, Spanskih boraca 1
- PIB: 104896339
- Matični broj: 06000029