Introducing Arcadis Gen
Are you interested in joining a start up with bold global ambitions, that already has the backing of, a €3+ billion revenue, 27000+ person organisation operating in over 70 countries, that has deep market sector insights in collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services?
We are creating a new entity focused upon accelerating the investment and development of digital solutions which support the asset lifecycle and will position Arcadis as a digital front runner in the fields of digitized asset management, cities and mobility. Our focus is upon accelerating our ability to bring highly scalable digital propositions quickly and seamlessly to both existing and new Arcadis customers across the globe.
We have a clear vision that will enable us to rapidly scale our existing digital capabilities and innovate based on the identified underserved demand in the market, by creating industry leading products, platforms and solutions. Our strategy to become more digitally focused has already seen the acquisition of two digital asset management companies to build on our existing digital capabilities from the Arcadis technology division, all of which will form the foundations of this new digital entity.
The Opportunity – Support in the provision of Enterprise Asset Management Services and Solutions
A Project Management Assistant (PMA) is a development role within Gen’s Delivery Domain. Working closely with experienced Project Managers within the business, you will be a key contributor to the project delivery effort, supporting the wider project team as and where required. By owning a well defined set of tasks or deliverables on a project, your efforts will deliver value to the client and be pivotal in facilitating other key project activities, helping to maintain project control and deliver projects onetime and on budget.
With a unique mix of internal administrative support with client facing work, the PMA role provides a fantastic platform from which to develop your project, people and commercial management skills.
As with all employees, it is expected that you will uphold the Arcadis Gen Way within the wider company, striving for excellence in all elements of your work.
Core responsibilities include:
- Assist: Support day-to-day project delivery. Help implement new delivery strategies and initiatives.
- Execute: Tasks assigned by their Project Manager and/or the wider business.
- Understand: The Arcadis Gen tools, processes and Arcadis Gen Way of working.
- Identify: HSE shortfalls; personal areas of development to help pursue progression within the business.
- Support day-to-day project delivery.
- Assist with the management of the project schedule and associated project status reporting.
- Assist with Project Budget management and reporting:
- Revenue: Support SPM/PM in delivering project revenue.
- Costs: Support SPM/PM in capturing project cost information.
- Support expenses processing and other budget related project activities.
- Ensure all resources are effectively planned on the project for their duration.
- Assist with the managing of risks and issues and demonstrate excellent risk identification analysis on the project ensuring key information is captured, supporting the reporting.
- Involvement in and the documenting of on/offsite Customer engagements (meetings, workshops, visits etc).
- Ensure that access to all Customer tools are managed effectively.
- New Business: Help identify new business development opportunities within existing customers (up-selling).
- Assist with the writing of scope proposals.
- Problem Solver: Lead incident resolution; assists with solving project challenges.
- Support and collaboration with the Project team on a daily basis.
Key Relationships, Collaborations and Connections
- This role reports to Project Managers within the Delivery Domain which is run by the Chief Delivery Officer.
- Close collaboration across the domain, including direct work with:
- Project Management Assistants and associated forums.
- Project Managers and associated forums.
- Solutions Domain and the Implementation Teams.
- Build professional relationships with customers throughout the course of project delivery.
What We Are Looking For
- It would be desirable to have some experience of managing mixed client and consultant technical and implementation teams delivering business transformation, change management and technology-based programmes.
- Experience of working in an asset intensive industry utilising EAM system and or a genuine interest in one or more of Arcadis Gen’s Industry Sectors.
- Experience of design and implementation / use of Decision Support Tools / Whole Life Asset Models.
- Experience of agile implementation methodology and project collaboration tools.
- Project Management or Programme Management experience in former roles.
- 2.1 Bachelors degree or equivalent* in an engineering, science, technology or business-related degree.
- An analytical approach to understanding, describing/modelling and solving real world problems.
- An ability to follow and where necessary adapt a defined process / methodology with suitable guidance from more experienced Arcadis Gen colleagues.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, including conveying technical information.
- Direct Industry / business experience in consulting or related activities.
- A person who will quickly build relationships with their team and senior business stakeholders.
- Quick to identify issues preventing timely delivery, with a willingness to solve these where possible and escalate upwards as necessary.
- Excellent personal time management and priority setting, skills which must be passed down to their team.
- Taking the initiative and insisting on continuous improvement.
- Concern for quality and consistency.
- Organised and able to perform well under pressure and apply the initiative and flexibility required to ensure the success of complex and challenging implementations.
- Willingness and desire to learn about our customers’ industries, how their business processes work and a firm understanding that technology is a powerful tool used to deliver business benefit and not a means unto itself.
Who Are We?
At Gen we have a mantra which is to be Bold, Agile and to deliver Accelerated Growth, this focuses our efforts and defines the way in which we will deliver to the market.
Our spirit, makes us unique, binds us together and sits at the very essence of who we are and how we ‘show’ up.
- Our fear of failure is mitigated by a thirst for positive disruption.
- We demonstrate intellectual humility – we can admit we are wrong and may change our options often, when new information or insights come to hand.
- We value talent, skill & knowledge but prize agility and adaptability above all else.
- We are optimists believing that we can, and we will always find a way…. mindset matters.
We are motivated and driven by:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be inventive and free from tight organizational constraints.
- A desire to learn and grow, to push and challenge ourselves and to test the limits of our potential.
- To attempt the extraordinary, motivated to achieve even in the face of set back or obstacle.
- To collaborate, pursuing shared rather than individual goals, believing that we do our best work when we default to ‘open’ rather than ‘closed’.
- Playing a role on the global stage, leading and influencing the future of our industry and sector and by deeply understanding the needs of our customers.
Leadership at Gen
Leadership at Gen is not based on principles of power and control but rather on encouraging self-determination, experimentation and creativity. Our leaders actively:
- Encourage experimentation: The role of a leader is not to reduce risks or prevent failures, but to create an environment resilient enough to take these risks and handle the missteps.
- Instill trust: Silos are the enemy of agility, to be truly agile requires foundations built on trust, discipline and single-minded focus, collaboration and transparency are essential to success.
- Cultivate diversity of thought: Believe that different views, healthy debate and respectful conflict are good things, they are the catalysts for creativity & will fuel our innovation
Who is Arcadis
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our customers to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are a multi-billion business that employees 27,000+ people globally. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.
For further information or to contact the job poster directly please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discover the next generation Bold, disruptive, experimental - the pioneers of what's possible. Changing how we think to create a better tomorrow. We are Arcadis Gen.Launching in spring 2020, Arcadis Gen is the new digital business from Arcadis, SEAMS and EAMS Group Our Story Arcadis Gen specialises in working with clients to enable them to achieve their strategic objectives, as they reach new heights in business performance, asset reliability and performance, efficiency and effectiveness…Više o poslodavcu