GCOMM is an Australian IT services company offering connectivity, cloud and managed IT services to companies in Sydney, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast through direct and wholesale channels. We partner with leading technology companies like Cisco, Hitachi, Commvault, and Gartner to deliver services that help our customers run their business with confidence. We’ve been operating in Australia for more than 20 years and in Belgrade for more than 6. The company is constantly growing, learning and changing to stay at the forefront of technological innovation. Right now, we are looking for a Project Manager to join our growing team in Belgrade and contribute their communication skills, leadership and creative smarts to uphold the bringing of a fresh perspective to the company and help to develop revolutionary creative work.
Why should you become a Project Manager at GCOMM
- There is continuous learning through international business travel, latest, and fast-performing technology and software, and paid certifications and external training;
- You get to be surrounded by awesome, knowledgeable, and passionate colleagues;
- You will get to do things that are meaningful and gain an appreciation for your contribution;
- You will successfully uphold the work-life balance through company flexible work hours, work from home opportunity, fun and educating team building events, healthy snacks, and open office space area.
As a Project Manager in our Infrastructure team, you will:
- Partner closely with the Technical and other team leaders in order to properly lead, manage and ensure that all projects are completed on time, within the scope and within budget;
- Lead and support project portfolio development to help group relevant projects together, set priorities, and align them with business goals;
- Collaborate with stakeholders and project team to gather requirements, coordinate the resources, and assign responsibilities;
- Identify and analyze project risks, define project success criteria and metrics to track and evaluate the progress and success of the project, initiate corrective action and manage changes where and when necessary;
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques;
- Provide status reports, presentations, and project related documentation, and maintain projects in Salesforce to ensure transparency and visibility of up-to-date information;
- Coordinate the development of user manuals, training materials, and other documents as needed, and conduct a post-project evaluation;
- Delegate project tasks based on team member’s individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels;
- University Degree, preferably in technical fields
- Minimum of 2 years of project management or product management experience
- Experience in managing IT projects in software and infrastructure will be considered as an advantage;
- Project Management certification is an advantage;
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organizational skills including attention to detail;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Strong knowledge of the English language is a must.
How to apply
Produce an interesting cover letter and attach it along with the CV to the job post. By sending your application, you agree that its information will be used for the purpose of recruitment and selection. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 30.05.2019.