REINFORCEMENT OF CONSUMER PROTECTION IN SERBIA
RESIDENT TWINNING ADVISOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
EU funded Twinning Project
SR 18 IPA HE 02 20
Note to applicants: The previous selection procedure with deadline of 23rd June 2021 has been cancelled. This is a re-advertisement for the same vacancy. All previous applicants are welcome to apply.
Duration of the Project implementation: total Project duration 24 months, start date: 9th of June 2021, indicative end date 8th of June 2023.
Work regime and location: full time, 8 hours a day, mostly in the Twinning Project Office, St. Nemanjina 22-26, Belgrade, occasionally at the events organized in Belgrade and over the country/abroad.
Contract type: fixed term service contract.
The RTA Assistant will report directly and will be supervised by the RTA.
Tasks of RTA Assistant (the part of tasks are possible to perform remotely):
- Assisting RTA in administrative and organizational issues concerning implementation of the project work plan.
- Assisting RTA in organization of experts’ missions, meetings, trainings, seminars, workshops, Steering Committee meetings, and other project events.
- Overall management of the office administration and general correspondence, including filing, organizing trainings, expert missions, local travels, general desk office work etc.
- Drafting of written materials in relation to organization of the project in Serbian and English, keeping and archiving project documentation, editing the monthly, quarterly, and final project reports and any other relevant documents.
- Assisting in handling of budget accounting and financial information.
- Coordination of missions of short-term experts, arrangement of travel, booking accommodation; assisting in organization of study visits in close cooperation with the RDA Backstop office.
- Providing support in communication relating to implementation of the project activities and maintaining contact with the project beneficiaries, other partners, and Project experts.
- Development and maintaining close working contacts and relations with Beneficiary Project Leader and RTA Counterpart, and other Serbian officials involved in the project.
- Prospective translations and interpretations in case of replacing or supporting Language RTA Assistant.
Requirements for RTA Assistant:
- Having Serbian citizenship; with a university degree background.
- Having an excellent command of spoken and written English and Serbian.
- Having excellent organizational and communication skills, inter-personal skills.
- Basic understanding of financial management.
- Having excellent computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Online collaboration).
- Willingness to travel in the country/EU.
- Being free of any links with staff members of the Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications.
- Have not been in any contractual relation with the Beneficiary Country public sector during at least the 6 months preceding their hiring.
- Tact and ability to work with people; ability to ensure effective and efficient provision of services and teamwork, full confidentiality in all aspects of the assignment, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments, positive and constructive attitude.
The following skills will be considered an asset/advantage for RTA Assistant:
- Additional training, specialization, post graduate studies in areas related to indicated duties will be considered as an advantage.
- Experience in EU funded projects, especially as RTA Assistant in a former Twinning project.
- Familiar with terminology relating the topics of the Project – Consumer protection, E-commerce, EU Legislative framework/Institutions.
- Experience of working in an international environment.
- Knowledge of EU policies and institutions.
- Knowledge of Serbian legislative framework in the area of consumer protection
The interested candidates are requested to submit their CV and a letter of application in English by 26th July 2021 electronically. Shortlisted candidates only will be invited to attend an interview. The date and place of the interview will be additionally indicated to the shortlisted candidates (approximate dates 29-30/7/2021 and/or 3-4/8/2021).
For any further information please contact Mr. Ivan Majerčák, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above-mentioned Twinning project is an EU funded joint project between Slovak Republic, Poland and Germany, represented by Regional Development Agency Senec-Pezinok and Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications, Sector for Consumer Protection in Beneficiary country the Republic of Serbia.
The purpose of the project is to contribute to the strengthening of the legislative framework and institutional capacities for fulfilling the requirements of EU membership in the area of consumer protection.
The selected person will be a self-employed independent consultant under a Service Contract and will undertake full responsibility for the payment of all taxes and obligations deriving from the legislation in force in Serbia, including for those related to medical and social insurance. The RTA Assistant will carry his/her duties and tasks on the base of contract concluded with the RDA and RTA.
“This publication is produced with the assistance of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of and may in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union”.
Regional Develpoment Agency Senec – Pezinok
- Slovačka, Inostranstvo, Pražská 27