RESIDENT TWINNING ADVISOR LANGUAGE ASSISTANT
EU funded Twinning Project
SR 18 IPA HE 02 20
Note to applicants: The previous selection procedure with deadline of 23rd June 2021 has been cancelled. This is a re-advertisement for the same vacancy. All previous applicants are welcome to apply.
Duration of the Project implementation: total Project duration 24 months, start date: 9th of June 2021, indicative end date 8th of June 2023.
Work regime and location: full time, 8 hours a day, mostly in the Twinning Project Office, St. Nemanjina 22-26, Belgrade, occasionally at the events organized in Belgrade and over the country/abroad.
Contract type: fixed term service contract.
The RTA Language Assistant will report directly and will be supervised by the RTA.
Tasks of RTA Language Assistant (the parts of tasks are possible to perform remotely):
- Acting as a Language Assistant to the RTA, cooperate and work with RTA Assistant in daily management of the project related activities.
- Interpretation and translation from Serbian language to English and from English to Serbian language for the RTA and short-term experts and other persons involved in the project.
- Providing translation of legislative acts, administrative documents, guidelines, reports, background papers, mainly oriented on the area of consumer protection, e-commerce, legislation.
- Providing interpretation in personal contacts with project collaborators, representatives of state institutions, and other stakeholders, as well as interpretation at the meetings, trainings, seminars, conferences and other project events.
- Assisting the RTA in the implementation of the work plan of the twinning project, organizing meetings, seminars, and workshops, attending meetings, training workshops and other project related events and producing minutes of meetings.
- Promoting and maintain close working contacts and relations with Serbian project leader and RTA counterpart, and other Serbian officials involved in the project.
- Closely cooperate with the RTA Administrative Assistant.
Requirements for RTA Language Assistant:
- Having Serbian citizenship; with a university degree background.
- Having an excellent command of spoken and written English and Serbian.
- Having an excellent organizational and communication skills, inter-personal skills,
- Familiar with terminology relating the topics of the Project – Consumer protection, E-commerce, EU legislative framework/institutions as well as terminology of
- Having excellent computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Internet).
- Willingness to travel in the country/EU.
- Being free of any links with staff members of the Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications.
- Have not been in any contractual relation with the Beneficiary Country public sector during at least the 6 months preceding their hiring.
- Tact and ability to work with people; ability to ensure effective and efficient provision of services and teamwork, full confidentiality in all aspects of the assignment, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments, positive and constructive attitude.
The following skills will be considered an asset/advantage for RTA Language Assistant:
- Working experience with Serbian public administration in Twinning or Technical Assistance projects will be a strong advantage (but not as a public administration employee within the past six months).
- Additional training, specialization, post graduate studies in areas related to indicated duties will be considered as an advantage.
- Experience of working in an international environment.
- Knowledge of Slovak (Czech), German or Polish language (translation of legislation and other national documents from listed languages may be beneficial for the project).
- Knowledge of EU policies and institutions.
- Knowledge of Serbian legislative framework in the area of consumer protection.
- Familiar with terminology relating the topics of trade, product safety, tourism, telecommunication, consumer contracts and law on obligations, transport, energy, public health, financial sector.
The interested candidates are requested to submit their CV and a letter of application in English by 26th July 2021 via e-mail to the following address: email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates only will be invited to attend an interview. The date and place of the interview will be additionally indicated to the shortlisted candidates (approximate dates 29-30/7/2021 and/or 3-4/8/2021). The interview may contain a short test of candidate’s language proficiency in written or oral form.
For any further information please contact Mr. Ivan Majerčák, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above-mentioned Twinning project is an EU funded joint project between Slovak Republic, Poland and Germany, represented by Regional Development Agency Senec-Pezinok and Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications, Sector for Consumer Protection in Beneficiary country the Republic of Serbia.
The purpose of the project is to contribute to the strengthening of the legislative framework and institutional capacities for fulfilling the requirements of EU membership in the area of consumer protection.
The selected person will be a self-employed independent consultant under a Service Contract and will undertake full responsibility for the payment of all taxes and obligations deriving from the legislation in force in Serbia, including for those related to medical and social insurance. The RTA Language Assistant will carry his/her duties and tasks on the base of contract concluded with the RDA and RTA.
“This publication is produced with the assistance of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of and may in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union”.
Regional Develpoment Agency Senec – Pezinok
- Slovačka, Inostranstvo, Pražská 27