Decibel Acoustic Solution (part of DECIBEL International – www.decibelinternational.com) is engineering and production company, founded in 2012 in Sofia. Today, DECIBEL is one of the largest manufacturers of sound insulation and acoustic solutions available in over 38 countries around the world.
In accordance to the expansion strategy of DECIBEL International in Serbia we are seeking for a local Sales Expert (with or without experience), who will identify new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the new business region grow through sales. His work will involve careful strategic planning, finding, and dealing with customers, key account sales and discovering potential projects. The work will often reach across all areas of the business of Decibel.
- To research and identify new business opportunities - including customers, partnerships, products, and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets
- To seek out the appropriate contact in an organization to generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- To meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone, to foster and develop relationships with customers/clients, to understand the needs of our customers and to be able to respond effectively with a course of action
- To think strategically - seeing the bigger picture, setting aims and objectives to develop and improve the sales
- To work strategically - carrying out necessary planning and implementation of operational changes
- To have a good understanding of the business, products or services and be able to advise others about them
- To seek ways of improving the way the business operates, attend seminars, conferences, and events where new trends and changes in the business world are presented
- To negotiate pricing with customers and suppliers to increase sales
- To carry out sales forecasts and analysis
- To develop the business sales and marketing strategy
What to expect:
- You'll work from home but will frequently travel within the day for face-to-face meetings with customers and other business partners
- It can be challenging trying to create new business opportunities, in addition to the constant pressure of meeting or exceeding targets. However, business development is quite a creative role and can be very satisfying
- You may have the responsibility of managing a team and their output
- You will be expected to dress smartly, especially for meetings, though slightly more relaxed business casual attire may be acceptable at other times
- Depending on the type of business, overnight or overseas travel may be required.
As it is a competitive role with good prospects, qualifications are important, however a technical/ engineering/ acoustics degree is not a must. Degrees in business development or business management are the most relevant. A postgraduate degree is not a requirement for this position.
It is also possible to move into a business development manager role from related jobs such as commercial manager, account manager, sales executive, business development executive and sales manager from companies in the same or similar field. Previous experience and existing business connections in the procurement departments of big scale companies are considered as advantage.
Proven track record of sales/ deals in the Industrial sector is a highly valued asset.
- tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- an excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates
- interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients
- written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills
- team-working skills and a collaborative approach to work decision-making skills
- the ability to multitask and prioritize your workload project management and organizational skills
- the ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
- negotiating skills
- the ability to think strategically
- the ability to analyze sales figures and write reports
- a flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch.
- full driving licenses
Decibel Acoustic Solution
- Bugarska, Botevgrad, Str1 Industrialna