Introducing Arcadis Gen
Are you interested in joining a start up with bold global ambitions, that already has the backing of, a €3+ billion revenue, 27000+ person organisation operating in over 70 countries, that has deep market sector insights in collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services?
We have a clear vision that will enable us to rapidly scale our existing digital capabilities and innovate based on the identified underserved demand in the market, by creating industry leading products, platforms and solutions. Our strategy to become more digitally focused has already seen the acquisition of two digital asset management companies to build on our existing digital capabilities from the Arcadis technology division, all of which will form the foundations of this new digital entity.
The Opportunity – Envisioning Future Trajectory
Arcadis Gen are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to work with one of our Software Product Development teams, to manage the operation of the team and support best practise Agile methodology across the organisation. You will be working with several Scrum teams typically consisting of software developers, split across London and Serbia (Belgrade), a Product Support member and the Product Owner.
The team you will be working with teams developing the core desktop application, reporting, and mobile products which are consumed by all Arcadis Gen cloud-hosted Industry Solutions. We are rapidly expanding the number and size of our product teams, which you will be instrumental in facilitating. You will help grow the knowledge and benefits of Agile methodology within our organisation going forward.
- Act as a servant leader - with a mindset of serving the scrum team.
- Support the implementation of scrum theory - roles, events, and artefacts.
- Support the team to be more self-organised and cross-functional.
- Support the team in understanding the user story/task life cycle (DoD, DoR)
- Integrate tools (such as Jira, Confluence and Azure DevOps) in the scrum delivery and educate the team to become self-sufficient in utilizing them throughout the agile development cycle.
Running the Sprint:
- Conduct and facilitate sprint ceremonies (Daily stand up, sprint planning, sprint backlog refinement, sprint review and sprint retrospective sessions) effectively.
- Facilitate the team in converting the business requirements to technical tasks.
- Support the development team and the product owner in resolving impediments to ensure highest velocity.
- Manage and communicate Sprint progress, ensuring the Scrum Board remains up to date
- Facilitate development team in the creation of appropriate test data, execution of test cases and updating of support documentation.
- Protect the team from distractions to ensure their delivery is not impacted and the sprint goal is achieved.
- Co-ordinate with the product owner to understand the product vision and support the team in fulfilling this vision.
- Guide the product owner in breaking down the high-level requirements to valuable backlog items (Epics, user stories and tasks).
- Support the product owner in prioritizing the backlog items (MVP/Non-MVP) to maximize value.
Facilitate Sprint Improvements:
- Help the team to achieve better estimation and planning practises in order to facilitate more precise product roadmap commitments
- Complete monthly status reports and team improvements (technical and functional) and communicate to management
Mastering and Promoting Agile Principles:
- Coach, educate and support the scrum team in implementing the basic principles of various agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban and SAFe).
- Guide the organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum processes; help the team assess their Scrum maturity and how to achieve higher levels of maturity
- Key Relationships, Collaborations and Connections
- Co-ordinate with the other scrum masters across the organization to share, discuss and implement the best practices
- Support the organization to develop the solution seamlessly using continuous integration.
What We Are Looking For
Required and Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- 4 years’ experience in a Scrum Master role
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, transparency and servant leadership
- Knowledge of Agile approaches – Kanban, Scrum etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques
- Knowledge of IBM Maximo and/or a programming language (we currently work mostly in Java)
- Knowledge of Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence) is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft tools (Azure Devops) is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge or awareness of Asset Management is beneficial by not essential
Who is Arcadis?
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are a multi-billion business that employees 27,000+ people globally. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.
Discover the next generation Bold, disruptive, experimental - the pioneers of what's possible. Changing how we think to create a better tomorrow. We are Arcadis Gen.Launching in spring 2020, Arcadis Gen is the new digital business from Arcadis, SEAMS and EAMS Group Our Story Arcadis Gen specialises in working with clients to enable them to achieve their strategic objectives, as they reach new heights in business performance, asset reliability and performance, efficiency and effectiveness…Više o poslodavcu