Join an exciting exploration project in the Balkans; the flagship of our operations!
Reporting directly to the CEO, the (Senior) Project Geologist is responsible for project management of the entire geology work package related to our Viogor-Zanik porphyry/epithermal project in Eastern Bosnia. This includes exploration, data management, and modelling as part of drilling campaign including facilitating the regulatory, planning, and community relation activities aimed at generating a preliminary economic assessment by the end of 2022.
To be successful we require a seasoned professional with strong communication and interpersonal skills, somebody who is able to build relationships within and outside of the Tera Balcanica team and with people of varying backgrounds. Someone who is self-motivated, adaptable, and able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone with outstanding decision-making, problem solving, and creative thinking abilities.
Join us at the breathtaking Balkan Peninsula where our operations spread across multiple jurisdictions. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips combined with the urban living that only Europe can offer. Working a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and foster top industry safety and environmental rules and procedures at all times;
- Plan the geology work package with the junior and other Tera Balcanica geology personnel, to meet the objectives of the current project phase according to the company’s delivery timeline;
- Prepare monthly technical reports for field exploration works and
- Ensure that required regulatory approval for work in the field are acquired in a timely fashion;
- Supervise exploration drilling and associated work, including supervising staff and contractors;
- Coordinate data management and interpretation resulting from exploration drilling;
- Update the Viogor-Zanik geological model, either on the regular business unit planning cycle or for interim updates to support the project;
- Ensure geological understanding and coordinate transfer of information to the company GIS department;
- Manage and supervise ground and airborne geophysical surveys;
- Manage the budget and schedule of the geology work package;
- A BSc in Earth or Geological sciences; advanced degrees such as MSc is desirable;
- Minimum five years of demonstrated geological expertise and proven ability to lead exploration projects;
- Knowledge of all aspects of project delivery, including PEA, PFS, FS, detail design, procurement, and outsourcing;
- Spoken and written proficiency of the English language is required while fluency or operational knowledge of Serbian/Bosnian will be considered a significant asset;
- A valid driver’s licence and a first aid certification.
At Terra Balcanica Resources Corp. and its Bosnian subsidiary Drina Resources Ltd., we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining our dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Terra Balcanica Resources Corp. is a junior Canadian exploration company focused on polymetallic Au-Ag-Pb-Zn-Cu projects located in Western Balkans. Terra’s flagship asset, controlled via a subsidiary Drina Resources, is the 200 km2 land package containing the Viogor-Zanik porphyry project centered upon the Oligo-Miocene Srebrenica igneous complex of eastern Bosnia and Herzegovina. The company also controls a portfolio of quality gold projects in the historic Serbian Raška district that includes the Ceovishte high-grade gold target and the underexplored Kaludra Pb-Zn-Ag-Au property. While advancing current projects by rapid geological characterization and drill testing, the company is also continuously (re)assessing regional M&A opportunities while maintaining a keen prospecting eye for greenfield targets. Our seasoned board and senior management team are committed to increasing shareholder value through the scientifically crafted discovery process, prudent allocation of capital, and environmentally responsible mineral exploration.
Tera Balkanika d.o.o. Beograd-Novi Beograd
Terra Balcanica Resources Corp. is a junior Canadian exploration company focused on polymetallic Au-Ag-Pb-Zn-Cu projects located in Western Balkans. Terra’s flagship asset, controlled via a subsidiary Drina Resources, is the 200 km2 land package containing the Viogor-Zanik porphyry project centered upon the Oligo-Miocene Srebrenica igneous complex of eastern Bosnia and Herzegovina. The company also controls a portfolio of quality gold projects in the historic Serbian Raška district that includes…Više o poslodavcu